A major regulatory department in the state having more than 11 thousand employees.
Functions of the department:
- Regulation of intoxicants and alcoholic preparations : Production, distribution, consumption and usage: potable and industrial
- Realization of revenue.
- Arresting revenue pilferage.
- Control of crime :
- Spurious, I.D. liquor and N.D.P liquor.
- Adulteration of toddy.
- NDPS - Ganja, etc.
- Regulation of toddy and welfare of toddy tappers
- TCS - TFT
- Exgratia & Old age pensions
Excise Policy – Historical Background
- 1952 - Prohibition in Andhra State. No Prohibition in Hyderabad State.
- 1956 - 69 - Dual policy - Andhra area Prohibition & Telangana no Prohibition.
- 1969 - Prohibition lifted in Andhra Area also. Sale of Arrack and IML permitted
- 1993 - Arrack banned in Nellore in April. Extended to Entire State in October
- 1995 - Total Prohibition imposed.
- 1997 - Prohibition partially lifted. IML & Beer permitted. Ban on Arrack continued.
For more information click on link to download More Information
For more information click on link to download Organogram