News And Events
- At the end of June, 2001 there were 31. 4 lacks of candidates on the Live
Register of Employment Exchanges in the State, out of which 7. 14 lakhs were
- During this year, from January to June 2001, 1, 537 candidates were placed
in jobs. Out of these 462 were women candidates.
- During the same period 3231 vacancies were notified to the Employment Exchange
by the different employers. 39, 000 odd candidates were sponsored for these
vacancies during the period.
- As many as 1. 54 lakhs candidates registered in the Employment Exchanges
for Employment assistance.
Hitech Training Scheme In I. T. I. (Old), Visakhapatnam
The Scheme of Hi-Tech. Was sanctioned with the following
(4) courses at I. T. I. (Old), Visakhapatnam under centrally Sponsored Scheme
(World Bank Aided Schemes) with effect from 1-8-1992.
- Industrial Automation (Mechanical Engineering Area) :- 5 Weeks
- Autocad (Mechanical Engineering Area) :- 4 Weeks
- Personal Computer Maintenance (Electronics Area):- 6 Weeks
- Analog & Digital Electronics (Electronics Area) :- 5 Weeks
The Scheme is 100% funded by Government of
India. The equipment for the above courses worth around rupees one crore has
been supplied by Government of India to I. T. I. (Old). Visakhapatnam. The tools
and equipment so supplied by Government of India has been installed. The existing
I. T. I. building has also been renovated and fully electrified. Furniture has
also been procured. The Technical Staff relating to the subject were deputed
for training at Government I. T. I. , Mohali, Chandigarh and abroad.
An Advisory Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Director of Employment and Training, Hyderabad with the following members.
- Joint Director, Employment and Training, Hyderabad.
- Deputy Director, World Bank Project, Employment
& Training, Hyd.
- Principal (Member Secretary), ITI(Old),
- Managing Director(or nominee) B. H. P. V. Limited,
- Managing Director (or nominee) Hindustan Ship Yard
- Managing Director, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant,
- Managing Director (or nominee), Hindustan Zinc Ltd. ,
- Chairman, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam.
- General Manager, District Industries Centre,
The Advisory Committee Meeting was held on 09-8-2000 at I. T. I. (Old), Visakhapatnam under the Chairman Ship of the Director of Employment and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad and decided to collect fee from the participants as follows:-
- Rs. 750/- for candidates sponsored from large and medium
scale industries both Public and Private Sectors, candidates sponsored from
Central/State Government Establishments.
- Rs. 500/- for candidates sponsored from small scale industries, private
organisations and non-sponsored private candidates.
The committee suggests the development of
training and curriculum from time to time as per the needs of the Industry.
The Advisory Committee has resolved to conduct the courses in Modular fashion as per the users requirement. It was also resolved to keep the amount collected from the participants at the disposal of the Principal, I. T. I. , (Old), Visakhapatnam to utilise the same for regular and annual maintenance, up grading the software and machinery and incentives to the staff of the Hi-tech Training programme and also for development of the programme.
Government is requested for permission to utilise the amounts so collected as training fees towards regular and annual maintenance and upgrading the software and equipment and incentives to the staff of Hi-Tech. Training Programme for development and Hi-Tech Training Scheme. Government orders are awaited.
The first batch of Hi-tech course was inaugurated by Sri B. Danam, I. A. S. , Principal Secretary to Government, Labour, Employment, Training & Factories Department on 09-04-2001 at 10. 00 a. m.
36 candidates were admitted into the first batch of four courses and an amount
collected for the first batch is Rs. 36, 000.