The Institute of Administration was established in 1976 as the apex training institute of the AP State Government with the intention of merging all other state government training facilities with it. Subsequently, however, only the Accounts and Auidt Training Wings of the Treasuries & Accounts and Local Fund Audit Departments were shifted to the IOA in 1989.
The IOA was renamed as Dr. Marri Channa Reddy Human Resource
Development Institute of Andhra Pradesh in 1989. The Governing body was reconstituted
in with the Hon'ble Chief Minister as chairperson. The institute was also made
responsible for the formulation and implementation of the newly launched training/HRD
The state training initiative of the AP Government
has been convinced for operationalising the National Training Policy document
released in 1996 by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training.
The initiative envisages provision of training/HRD inputs on an annual basis
for five lakh plus public functionaries to achieve a SMART(Simple, Moral, Accountable,
Responsive, Transparent) government which caters to the customer needs of the
general public in an effective, efficient and quality manner.
For the above, action has been initiated
- for creating the necessary physical and other infrastructure, including trainer capacities, within
the state Government
- for the decentralisation of training activities
- for building up existing state government training facilities for their optimal utilisation
- for grouping public functionaries into
- support levels for defining their respective training/HRD requirements
and catering to them
- for developing essential material in the form of departmentwise
Departmental and Functionary Manuals and parallel Training Manuals along with
modules and material using the latest techniques and technologies available
in the market to make the training activity up-to-date in terms of content,
structure and delivery methodology.
State Training Initiative
- HRD Institute nodal agency for overseeing implementation of State Training Initiative.
- Annual Training / HRD inputs for 5 lakh + public functionaries at
- Policy level
- Administrative level
- Implementation level
- Support level
- Developing HRD Institute as an Institute of Excellence
- Decentralization of training efforts by setting up Regional, District & Divisional Training Centers
- Strengthening of existing training infrastructure to ensure optimal utilisation
- Play a leading role in the use of IT in training & training in IT for government employees
- Preparation of Distance Learning Training Modules in form of DVDs
- Building up trainer capacities
Please visit the organization
website for additional information