Functions of the Department :
The primary function of the Department is to conduct audit of the accounts of Panchayat Raj Institutions, Urban of local bodies and other Institutions in the State, as shown below with their number.
|Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams (TTD)
|Zilla Grandhalaya Samasthas
|Agricultural Market Committees
The Audit consists of check of receipts and expenditure and certification of Annual Accounts for every Financial Year in respect of the Institutions mentioned above.
Besides conducting the audits of the Institutions specified above, the Department was entrusted with certain additional functions as detailed below :-
1) Pre-check of Bills relating to Pay Revision arrears in respect of PRC 1986, PRC 1992, PRC 1998 and PRC 2003 for employees of all Auditable Institutions as well as for Teaching Staff of Aided Educational Institutions.
2) Issue of PPOs/ FPPOs/GPOs in respect of retired / deceased employees of Municipal Corporations, Municipalities etc.
3) Issue of PPOs /FPPOs / GPOs in respect of retired / deceased Class IV employees of all Government Departments including Police Constables and Head Constables., Constables and head constable of Excise department and Guards and head guards of Forest departments
4) Authorisation of Pensionery/ Gratuity benefits of village servants
5) Authorisation of Financial Assistance claims of Spouses of Diseased teachers of Local Bodies
6) Authorisation of Claims relating to FBF/ APGIS to retired/ deceased employees of all Local Bodies etc. etc.
7) Issue of PPOs to all employees of Khadi Board, provincialised Non-teaching staff working in Local Bodies, APREIS, and Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions.
8) Issue of Pension Verification Certificates to all retired employees up to the cadre of Superintendents in the P.R.Is & Municipalities, Housing Board etc.
ORGANOGANISATIONAL CHART OF THE AP STATE AUDIT DEPARTMENT: