GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
NAC Hyderabad -Mobilisation of funds for the NAC - Inclusion of a Clause in the Tender notices andagreements for recovery of 0.25 % from the Gross Bill of Contractors - Modified - Orders -Issued.
TRANSPORT, ROADS& BUILDINGS (R.III) DEPARTMENT
- G.O.Ms.No.92, TR&B (B.I) Deptt. Dt.19-05-98
- G.O.Ms.No.103, TR&B (R.III) Dept. Dt.16-06-98
- G.O.Ms.No.108, TR&B (R.III) Dept., dt.20-06-98
- Minutes of the 6th Governing Board Meeting of NAC held on 29-12-99.
O R D E R :-
TheGovernment have established National Academy of Construction (NAC), vide G.O.Ms.No.103,TR&B(R.III)Department, dt.16-6-1998. The National Academy of Construction was alsoregistered under the A.P(Telengana Area) Public Societies Registration Act, 1350 Fasli, on24-9-1999.
2. The National Academyof Construction is formed with the objective of achieving the development of theconstruction industry and engaging in activities for the promotion of education, training,research, professionalism and skill formation in the construction industry.
3. In reference 1st readabove, orders were issued to facilitate collection of contribution from contractors to atune of 0.25% of the gross bills towards the corpus for development and functioning of theNational Academy of Construction.
4. The BuildersAssociation of India, A.P.Chapter, has represented that in order to ensure adequateavailability of funds to the National Academy of Construction to take up variousdevelopmental activities, the contractors have no objection if the contribution fromcontractors is made mandatory and made a part of the agreement condition in all contractspertaining to all the departments of the Government and the Corporations under theiradministrative control.
5. During the 6thGoverning Board Meeting of the NAC held on 29-12-1999, this issue was also considered andit was resolved to recover 0.25% from the contractors gross bills, as a contributionto the NAC by including it as a condition in the Tender Documents and Agreement Formsthus, making such contribution mandatory.
6. In view of thecircumstances explained above, the Government after careful examination of the matter,hereby direct that all the Departments of the state as well as the Corporations undertheir administrative control include the above condition in Tender Documents and AgreementForms, so as to collect 0.25% from the contractors gross bills, as theircontribution to the National Academy of Construction thus making such contributionmandatory.
7. The condition shall beincluded in Tender Documents and Agreement Forms from 1-4-2000 and recovery shall beeffected on all bills on all works newly taken up according to the new condition from1-4-2000.
8. The Departments shallalso ensure that estimates shall not be increased to include the above contribution and itshall not be covered in the Standard Schedule of Rates. This contribution has to come fromthe contractors out of their profit element only.
9. These orders shallcome into effect from 1-4-2000. Advance action may be taken to arrange for printing orcorrection of Tender Documents and Agreement Forms and suitable modification of the TenderNotifications.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAMEOF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director General, National Academy of Construction, Hyderabad.
All Patron/Donor Members of National Academy of Construction.
All Engineers-in-Chief/Chief Engineers in the State.
The PS to Chief Secretary to Govt.
The PS to Secretary (B) to Govt., TR&B Dept.
The Dy.Secretary to Chief Minister.
The PS to Minister(R&B).
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER//