GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
Roads and BuildinagsDepartment - Andhra Pradesh State Highway Project - Procurement of Computers for Roads andBuildings Department - Administrative Sanction for Rs. 2.5 crores Orders issued.
TRANSPORT, ROADS& BUILDINGS (ROADS.IV) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.5. Dated: 19-1-2000.
Read the following:-
1. From the ENC(R&B), A&EAP, Hyd., Lr. No.145/S.VII-I,97 Dt. 28/12/98 and
Lr. Even No. Dt. 30/12/98.
2. From the ENC(R&B), A&EAP, Hyd., Lr. No. 24998/WB/APSHP / Comp/98;
3. From the ENC(R&B), A&EAP, Hyd., Lr. No. 24998/WB/APSHP/ Comp. /98;
4. From the ENC(R&B) Admn.&EAP, Hyd.d Lr.No.24998/WB/APSH/Comp./98,
TheEngineer-in-Chief R&B), A & EAP, Hyderabad, in his letters read above has proposedto procure about 230 computers and accessories along with software for computerization andalso office modernization of Roads and Buildings Department through out the State ofAndhra Pradesh as part of the Institutional reforms process with the provision of aboutUS$ 2.00 million available in the sanctioned project by the World Bank vide Loan No.4192-IN for purchase of equipment for office modernization and road management system. Theproposed computerization of R&B Department is being taken up under the World Bankassisted Andhra Pradesh State Highways Project wherein a provision for officemodernization exists and that according to the loan agreement for the above project, thetotal amounts for procurement of goods will be reimbursed by the World Bank as per the PADand only about 10% of the overall estimate amounts are to be provided from Plan/Non Planby Government of Andhra Pradesh in the form of counterpart funds. The Engineer-in-Chiefhas reported that the Word Bank in their fax message dated 17th December, 98have given No-objection for procurement of computers with the lowest evaluatedresponsive bidder i.e., M/s. HCL Infosystems Ltd., Secunderabad, for an amount of Rs.1,72,99,900/- and annual maintenance charges at Rs. 48,46,968/- and accordingly agreementshave been concluded on 1st June, 1999 and that the supplier has alreadydelivered the computers and the arrangements for installing the computers by providingUPS, required furniture etc., are being made. The Engineer-in-Chief has also stated thatan amount of Rs.28,53,132/- is required for procurement of UPSs, furniture, airconditionersfor server rooms and for contingencies.
2. The Engineer-in-Chiefhas therefore requested for according administrative sanction for Rs. 2.5 crores topurchase the 230 number of computers for all Division and Circle offices, Chief Engineers,Engineers-in-Chief and the Secretariat, for networking and other necessary arrangementsfor computerization of the Roads and Buildings Department.
3. The Government aftercareful consideration of the matter, hereby accord sanction to the the Engineer-in-Chief(R&B), A&EAP, Hyderabad for Rs. 2.5 crores (Rupees Two Crores Fifty Lakhs only)for the procurement of 230 number of computers and accessories along with softwarefurniture and office essentials for the computerization of all the Division and Circleoffices, Offices of the Chief Engineers, the Engineers-in-Chief(R&B) and theDepartment office in the Secretariat.
4. The expenditure onaccount of the above sanction shall be debited to the Head of Account "5054 Capitaloutlay in Roads & Bridges 0.4 District and other roads MH 800 - Otherexpenditures Schemes included in the Plan SH(14) Improvements of the roadsand development of rural roads with World Bank assistance 300 payments forprofessional & Special services 334 other payments."
5. This order issues withthe concurrence of the Finance and Planning (Fin. Wing.) Dept., vide their U.O. No.4191/FS(R&E)/98, dated: 23-8-99.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAMEOF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Engineer-in-Chief (R&B), A & EAP., Hyderabad
The Engineer-in-Chief (R&B), Roads, Hyderabd.
The Chief Engineer(R&B), Buildings, Hyderabad.
The Chief Engineer(R&B), National Highways. Hyderabad.
The Chief Engineer(R&B), HM & ECRP, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, A.P., Hyderabad.
//forwarded by order//