GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
ANDHRA PRADESH MOTOR VEHICLES TAXATION ACT, 1963 - Tax on Goods Carriages covered by Countersignature Permits - Collection of Annual Tax on vehicles registered and kept in Tamilnadu, Karnataka and Maharashtra States - Orders - Issued
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x TRANSPORT, ROADS & BUILDINGS (TR.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 38, Dated: 22-2-2000
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Rt.No. 317, T.R&B (Tr.II) Dept., dt. 6-4-1993.
2. G.O.Rt.No. 1054, T.R&B (Tr.I) Dept., dt. 3-9-1990.
3. G.O.Ms.No. 383, T.R&B (Tr.II) Dept., dt. 3-10-1985.
4. From the T.C., A.P.,Hyd. Lr.No. 4246/D2/99, dt. 9-6-1999.
The following Notification will be published in the Extra-ordinary issue of Andhra Pradesh Gazette dated the 29th February, 2000.
In exercise of the powers conferred by subsection (1) of section 9 of the Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 (Act No.5 of 1963), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh in supersession of the Notifications issued in the G.Os read above hereby directs that a tax of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees three thousand only) per annum per each State be levied under the said Act irrespective of the laden weight on every goods carriage which is registered and normally kept in the States of Tamilnadu, Karnataka, and Maharashtra and covered by counter signature of permits and operating on routes lying partly in the State of Tamilnadu/Karnataka/Maharashtra and partly in the State of Andhra Pradesh, in pursuance of the bilateral agreement enterred into with the States of Tamilnadu/Karnataka/Maharashtra and is in force for the time being subject to the conditions specified below:-
(1) This notification shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st April, 1999.
The Goods carriages covered by countersignature of permit granted earlier and
for which bilateral tax for the year ending 31-3-1999 was paid as per G.O. first
read above shall also pay the difference of bilateral tax for the balance of the year
within (30) days from the date of publication of this notification in the official
(2) The bilateral tax of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees three thousand only) shall be paid in
advance in lumpsum before the 15th April of every year failing which an
additional sum of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for each calendar
month of default shall be paid as penalty in addition to the aforesaid tax.
(3) Where a fresh countersignature is granted after first quarter of the financial
year, the tax shall be paid on pro-rata basis for the remaining quarters,
including the quarter in which such fresh countersignature is granted.
(4) The amount aforesaid shall be paid in favour of the Secretary, State Transport
Authority, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad by means of crossed Demand Draft.
(5) The tax leviable in respect of every such goods vehicle under any law for
the time being in force has been paid in full in the Home State for the relevant
(6) No refund of tax paid under this notification shall be allowed under
(7) No separate tax is payable in respect of another vehicle replacing the
existing vehicle during the course of the financial year.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
JANAKI R. KONDAPI
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Director of Printing, Stationery & Stores Purchase
(Gazette Notification Section), Hyderabad.
for publication in the Extra-ordinary. issue of A.P. Gazette
dated 29-2-2000 and for furnishing 550 copies
Copy to: The Transport Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Government of Karnataka,
Transport Department, Bangalore.