GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT, 1998 - Administration of -Constitution of Road Safety Council at District Level - Notification - Issued.
TRANSPORT, ROADS & BUILDINGS (TR.II)DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.211 Dated: 01-11-1999.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.222, Tansport, Roads &Buildings(Tr.II) Deptt.,
2. From the Transport Commissioner, AP, Hyderabad letter
No.3185/D1/99, dated 23-06-1999
O R D E R:
1) Orders were issued in the G.O. read above re-constituting theRoad Safety Council at District Level and for twin cities of Hydeabad and Secunderabad fora period of 2 (two) years with effect from 30-12-1995. The term of the said Councilexpired on 30-12-1997. The Government, therefore, decided to re-constitute theDistrict level and twin cities Road Safety Council as indicated in the followingnotification.
2) The following notification will be published in the next issueof Andhra Pradesh Gazette:
N O T I F I C A T I O N
In exercise of the powers conferred bysub-section (3) of section 215 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (Central Act 50 of 1988)the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby constitutes the District Road Safety Council foreach district in the State and for twin cities of Hydeabad and Secunderabad with thefollowing members, namely:-
DISTRICT LEVEL COMMITTEES: (1) Superintendent of Police Chairman (2) Joint Collector of District Vice-Chairman (3) Commissioner, Municipalities of District headquarters. Member (4) Executive Engineer (Roads & Buildings) Member (5) Town Planning Officer Member (6) District Medical and Health Officer Member (7) Superintendent of the District Headquarters Hospital Member (8) Regional Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation Member (9) Executive Engineer (Panchayat Raj) Member (10) Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary,
Regional Transport Authority, Secretary,
Regional Transport Authority of the concerned District
Member/Convenor FOR THE TWIN CITIES OF HYDERABAD AND SECUNDEABAD: (1) Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic Chairman (2) A representative from Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad in the cadre of Deputy Commissioner Member (3) A representative from Roads and Buildings in the cadre of Superintending Engineer Member (4) Town Planning Officer, Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad Member (5) A representative of Medical and Health service in the cadre of Deputy Director Member (6) A representative in the cadre of Superintendent from the General Hospital, City Range (Name to be specified). Member (7) Regional Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporaton Member (8) Superintending Engineer, Panchayat Raj Member (9) Joint Transport Commissioner and Secretary,
Regional Transport Authority, Hydeabad
2) The term of the said Commitiees shall be two years from thedate of issue of notification or till the Road Safety Council is re-constituted, whicheveris earlier.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRAPRADESH)
The Commissioner of Printing,Stationery & StoresPurchase,(Gazette Notification Section), Chenchalguda, AP, Hyderabad
He is requested to publish the Notification in the nextissue of A.P. Gazette and send 300 copies to Government.
The Transport Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
All Members through Transport Commissioner, AP, Hyderabad
The Director General & Inspector General of Police,A.P., Hyderabad
All Collectors in the State
All Superintendents of Police in the State
The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations, AP, Hyderabad
All Regional Transport Officers/Deputy Transport Commissioners, through TransportCommisisoner,AP, Hyderabad
All Town Planning Officers in State
The Joint Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Surface Transport (TransportWing), New Delhi
The Law (B) Department
The General Administration (AR&T.I) Department
The General Administration (Cabinet) Department