GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
Tribal Welfare - Education - Sanction of(7) Residential Schools for STs under State Plan funds - Orders - Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE(TW.EDN.I) DEPARTMENT
From the CTW, Hyd.letterNo.4467/98/D2,dt.24-8-1998.
The Commissioner of Tribal Welfare,Hyderabad in the reference read above has submitted proposal for sanction of the followingseven Residential Schools for Scheduled Tribes for improving the quality of educationamong S.Ts in the State.
Sl District Mandal & Whether forPopulation No Location Boys or as per Girls 1991 census
1. Vizianagaram Kurupam Girls 29,312
2. East Godavari R.C.Varam Boys 25,903
3. Visakhapatnam Munchingput Boys 34,973
4. Khammam Gundala Boys 14,293
5. West Godavari Jeelugumilli Boys 6,701
6. Nalgonda Devarakonda/ Girls 19,090Damaracherla 21,335
7. Ranga Reddy Kulkacherla Boys 9,235
2. For starting of each of the aboveseven Residential Schools the following staff are required from 6th to 12th class with twosections consisting of 45 students in each section. The schools now proposed will startwith entry point from 6th class and year after year the classes will be upgraded from 6thto 12th class. The students opting for MPC and BPC will be admitted in the 11th and 12thclass.
Sl. Name of the post Scale of pay No. ofNo. of No. Rs. posts in posts in Residential Residential School Jr.College
1. Principal (Schools/ 4140-8140 1 1Jr.Colleges) 4400-8700
2. Jr.Lecturer in English, 3640-7580 - 3
3. Jr.Lecturer in Mathes 3640-7580 - 10physics,Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
4. Vocational Instructor - 1
5. Physical Director 3640.7580 - 1
6. P.G.Ts 3310-6840 9 -
7. T.G.Ts 2930-5960 9 -
8. Physical Edn.Teacher 2195-4560 1 -
9. Craft Instructor 2195-4560 1 -
10. Music Teacher 2195-4560 1 -
11. Staff Nurse 2315-4880(Q) 1 -1875-3750(UQ) 1 -
12. Senior Assistant 2195-4560 1 1
13. Jr.Asst.cum typist 1745-3420 1 1
14. Steno 1745-3420 - 1
15. Lab.Asst./Record.Asst. 1535-2840 2 2
16. Attenders 1375-2375 2 -
17. Cooks 1375-2375 2 -
18. Helpers 1375-2375 2 -
19. Watchman 1375-2375 2 -
20. Sweepers 1375-2375 2 -
21. Plumber-cum-Electrician 1875-3750 1 -
22. Gardner 1375-2375 1
3. At present teaching staff are beingappointed on contract basis in the Institutions run by A.P.S.W.R.E.Is. To have parity andalso to have proper accountability of the teaching staff and to have academic excellenceof students studying in Tribal Welfare Department the appointments to the posts ofteachers in Tribal Welfare Residential Schools shall be on contract basis on the terms andconditions as approved by the A.P.S.W.R.E.I.S.
4. The following posts of Non-teachingstaff are hereby sanctioned as per the approved staffing pattern:
No. of Pay scale posts Rs.
1. Mess Manager 1 2600-5580(Superintendent category) 2. Senior Assistant (Accounts) 1 2195-4560 3. Jr. Asst.cumTypist 2 1745-3420 4. Record Assistant 1 1535-2840 5. Lab Attenders 2 1375-2375 6.Watchmen 2 1375-2375
5. Besides extending the cateringservices on contract basis as in the case of APSWREIS, the following services may beengaged on contract basis:
(a) Electrical and plumbing services (b)Sanitation services. (c) Watch and Ward can also be tried though the schools are locatedin very interior areas and such private agencies providing Watch and Ward services may notalways be available.
6. Sanction is hereby accorded to theCommissioner of Tribal Welfare, Hyderabad for incurring an expenditure of Rs.115.00 lakhs(Rupees one hundred and fifteen lakhs only) towards establishment of seven ResidentialSchools for STs, at the places mentioned above. The amount sanctioned shall be drawn inrelaxation of quarterly regulation orders.
7. The expenditure sanctioned above shallbe debited to the following Head of Account:
"2225 - Welfare of SCs, STs & OBCs
02 - Welfare of STs
SH(05)- Ashram Schools (Plan)".
8. This order issues with the concurrenceof Finance & Planning (FW.EBS.XI) Department vide their U.O. No.27164/A/326/EBS.XI/99,dated 14-7-99.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAMEOF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Tribal Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Acccountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries & Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Collectors concerned.
The Dist. Treasury Officers, Vizianagaram, East Godavari, Visakhapatnam,
Khammam,West Godavari, Nalgonda and R.R. Dist.
Copy to: P.S. to Addl.Secy. to C.M.
P.S. to Minister(TW)
P.S. to Secretary(SW)
P.S. to Secretary(TW)
Finance & Planning(TW.EBS.XI) Department.