GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
SCHOOL EDUCATION - MDM – Implementation of Mid day Meal (Cooked) Programme during summer vacation in drought-affected areas in the State 2005-06 – Orders – Issued.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EDUCATION (SE-CSS-R&E) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 51 Dated 04-03-2005
Read the following:
1. Order of Supreme Court in W.P. 196/2001, PUCL Vs. Union of India
2. G.O.Ms.No.94, Edn., dt. 25-11-2002.
3. Govt.Memo. No. 5575/Prog.I/A3/04, Dated:01-06-2004.
4. Minutes of the Meeting of State Level Implementation and Monitoring
Committee of the Mid Day Meal Programme held on 11-1-2005.
Government of Andhra Pradesh is implementing the Mid-Day Meal Programme by providing hot cooked food in the schools of Government (including Local Bodies) and aided primary and upper primary schools in the State from 2nd January, 2003 onwards with a minimum calorific value of 300 Calories and 8-12 gm of protein content per child on all working days.
2. Further the State Government has implemented Mid day Meal Programme during summer vacation in the years 2003 and 2004 in the drought affected areas in the State in order to safeguard the poor children from starvation.
3. In continuation of prevailing drought conditions in the State and also keeping in view of the direction of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the State Level Implementation and Monitoring Committee on Mid Day Meal which met on 11-1-05 has resolved to provide Mid Day Meal to school children in drought affected Mandals in the State during summer vacation of 2005.
4. All the Collectors and District Magistrates/Director of School Education/District Educational Officers are therefore requested to take necessary action for implementing the Mid-day meal Programme for school children successfully during Summer Vacation in 2005 in drought affected mandals as notified by the Revenue Department of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
5. The Director of School Education is requested to submit necessary proposals to Government for claiming the central assistance from the Government of India in the Form V of the Guidelines of Mid Day Meal Scheme.
6. A copy of these orders are also available in A.P.Online.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
DR. S. CHELLAPPA
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Collectors and District Magistrates in the state.
Director of School Education, Hyderabad. (we)
The Commissioner, Civil Supplies, Civil Supplies Bhavan, Erramanjil, Hyd.
All District Educational Officers in the state thr. DSE.
All Mandal Revenue Officers in the State thr. DSE.
Joint Secretary to Government of India,MHRD, Dept. of EE&L, NEW DELHI
Dr.N.C.Saxena,Mr.S.R. Sankaran,Commissioners of the Supreme Court,
C/o Centre for equity studies, C-17A, Munirka, NEW DELHI – 110 067.
Advocate on Records, A.P. Bhavan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.
P.S. to JS to CM/ P.S. to C.S./P.S. to M(SE)/P.S. to Prl.Secy.(SE)
// FORWARDED BY ORDER //