GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
Establishment Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Department Extension of quota to VillageDevelopment Officers Grade-I 10% of the posts of Superintendent in Zilla Parishadsand Mandal Parishads for appointment by transfer to the category of Village DevelopmentOfficers Grade-I -Orders Issued.
PANCHAYAT RAJ& RURAL DEVELOPMENT (Estt.V) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.211, G.A.(Ser.B) Dept., dt.30.5.1995.
2. G.O.Ms.No.261, G.A.(Ser.B) Dept., dt.14.7.1998.
3. G.O.Ms.No.498, PR & RD (Estt.V) Dept., dt.12.10.1999.
4. Rept. from the General Secretary, A.P.V.D.Os Association, Hyderabad
5. From the CPR & RE, Hyd.Lr.No.36475/CPR&RE-E1/99, dt.27.10.1999.
O R D E R:-
TheGeneral Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Village Development Officers Association in hisrepresentation 4th read above, has stated that there was no post ofSuperintendent in Mandal Parishad till 12.10.1999 and the post of Superintendent wasavailable only in the Office of Zilla Parishad. He has also stated that orders were issuedearlier in the reference first read above that 10% of the total cadre strength of posts ofSuperintendents in Zilla Parishads shall be reserved for appointment by transfer ofVillage Development Officers Grade-I. According to Rule-3 of the A.P.Ministerial ServiceRules, 1998, two posts of the Superintendents in Zilla Parishad in each District shall befilled by transfer of Village Development Officers Grade-I who have passed the AccountsTest for Local Bodies or an equivalent Test.
2. It is further statedthat the Government in G.O.Ms.No.498, P.R. & R.D. (Estt.V) Department,dated.12.10.1999 issued orders that one post of Junior Assistant existing in each Mandalbe upgraded to that of Senior Assistant and the post of Senior Assistant be upgraded asSuperintendent.
3. Consequent on theissue of orders in reference 3rd read above, the Association has requested theGovernment that one post of Superintendent has now been created in each mandal and theymay also be considered for appointment to the category of Superintendent in MandalParishad on par with Superintendent in Zilla Parishad or 10% of the post ofSuperintendents in Zilla Parishads and Mandal parishads be reserved to be filed by VillageDevelopment Officers Grade-I.
4. In the referencefourth read above the Commissioner of Panchayat Raj & Rural Employment has reportedthat the Andhra Pradesh Village Development Officers Association has requested to extendthe quota to Village Development Officers Grade-I for appointment as Superintendent @ 10%in the newly created Superintendent posts in the Mandals as existed in the erst-whileBlock pattern. Accordingly the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj, A.P. Hyderabad has preparedthe ratio to the Village Development Officer Grade-I for appointment by transfer asSuperintendent in each District and requested the Government to consider the aboverequest.
5. After carefulexamination of the request of Andhra Pradesh Village Development Officers Association, andkeeping in view of the proposals of Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Employment,Government hereby order that 10% of the posts of Superintendents in Zilla Parishads andMandal Parishads be reserved to be filled by transfer from the category of VillageDevelopment Officers Grade-I subject to their eligibility in lieu of the provision in Rule3 of A.P. Ministerial service Rules with immediate effect.
6. The Commissioner ofPanchayat Raj and Rural Employment, A.P., Hyderabad/Chief Executive Officers, ZillaParishads shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
7. The necessaryamendments to the A.P. Ministerial Service Rules will be issued by the GeneralAdministration (Ser.B) Department, separately.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAMEOF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Employment, A.P. Hyderabad.
All the Chief Executive Officers, Zilla Parishads in the State.
All the Heads of Departments.
All the Collectors.
All District Panchayat Officers.
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Local Fund Audit, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries & Accounts, Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The General Administration (services-B) Department/P.A. to Secretary (Services) GeneralAdministration Department.
The A.P.Village Development Officers Association, Hyderabad.
The A.P.Panchayat Raj Ministerial Employees Association, Khairathabad, Hyderabad.