GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Gram Panchayats - Bifurcation of Gram Panchayat Chittela, Vatsavai Mandal, Krishna District into Chittela and Singavaram Gram Panchayats - Orders - Issued.
PANCHAYAT RAJ AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT(PTS.IV) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1.From the Dist.Collector(PW), KrishnaLr.Roc.No.5228/94(Pts.8), dt.12-5-95.
3.From the High Court of A.P. Judgement in WPNo.10586/95,dt.20-7-95.
4.SLP(Civil) No.19670/96, dt.16-3-98 of SupremeCourt of India.
In the reference first read above the DistrictCollector(PW) Krishna District has informed Sri Kolagani Venkaiah, Singavaram, that hisrepresentation for bifurcation of Gram Panchayat Chittela, Vatsavai Mandal into Chittelaand Singavaram has been examined and found not to be in accordance with the rules on thesubject and accordingly rejected.
2. Aggrieved by the above orders of the DistrictCollector (PW), Krishna District Sri Kolagani Venkaiah filed a Revision Petition beforethe Government for consideration of bifurcation of Singavaram Village as an independentGram Panchayat from Chittela Gram Panchayat stating that they have represented theDistrict Collector (PW), Krishna District with all necessary information regardingviability, population, geographical features of Singavaram village etc., but the DistrictCollector rejected the representation without following the law or guidelines given by theGovernment even though the village is having sufficient income, population andgeographical conditions by having three Ura tanks causing obstructions to the public toapproach to Chittela Gram Panchayat for their day to day needs. With these facts SriKolagani Venkaiah and others requested to bifurcate Singavaram village from the GramPanchayat Chittela as a separate Gram Panchayat.
3. Government examined and heard the case on25-5-1995 and found no reasons to interfere with the orders of the Dist. Collector (PW),Krishna Dist. and accordingly in the ref. 2nd read above rejected the above RevisionPetition.
4. Aggrieved by the above Sri Kolagani Venkaiah,approached the Honourable Supreme Court of India. The Supreme Court in Civil AppealNo.1567/98, dt.16-3-1998 while setting aside the orders passed by the Collector and theState Government directed that the question of bifurcation of gram panchayat bereconsidered by the state government in the light of the resolution of the gram panchayatdt.24-4-1995 and that this may be done within a period of six months from the date ofreceipt of the order.
5. The case was accordingly heard by theGovernment on 22-9-1998 and the District Panchayat Officer, Krishna District was requestedto obtain a detailed report from the Executive Engineer, Panchayat Raj, regarding thedistance between the areas to be bifurcated together with the particulars of distance fromthe office building of gram panchayat, if any, or from a central point in the village. TheExecutive Engineer, Panchayat Raj has stated that there are two ways between the areas tobe bifurcated and the distance from both the ways is less than 1800 meters.
6. Therefore, the case was finally heard on2-12-1999 when both the parties through their legal counsels and the District PanchayatOfficer were present and Government hereby order for bifurcation of Gram PanchayatChittela into Chittela and Singavaram gram panchayats in Krishna District. The DistrictCollector (PW), Krishna District is requested to take further action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THEGOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
1.The District Collector (PW), Krishna Districtat Machilipatnam.
2.The District Panchayat Officer, KrishnaDistrict at Machilipatnam.
3.The Commissioner, Panchayat Raj and RuralEmployment, Hyderabad.
Sri K.Venkaiah, Singavaram, Vatsavai Mandal,Krishna District.
PS to Minister (PR&RD) / PS to Secretary(PR), / PA to Additional Secretary (Pts).
The PR&RD(OP.II)Department. (3 copies).