GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
MA & UD Department–Madanapalle Water Supply Improvement Scheme with Handri Niva Sujala Sravanthi Canal as source – Administrative Sanction for Rs. 138.00 Crores Accorded – Orders Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT(A1) DEPARTMENT.
G. O. Ms. No. 670 Dated: 13.07.2005.
Read the Following:-
1) G. O. Ms. No. 45, Municipal Administration and Urban Development (A2)
Department, dated 19.02.2004.
2) From the Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad Letter No./T4/
MDP/2005, dated 12.07.2005.
----:: 00 ::----
In the reference 1st read above Government have accorded administrative sanction for Madanapalle Water Supply Improvement Scheme with Summer Storage Tank across Bahuda River at Chippili Village at a cost of Rs. 1054.70 Lakhs.
2. The Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad in his letter 2nd read above has reported that the I & CAD Department has furnished Hydrological Surveys / Rainfall particulars for the past 40 years which revealed that once in 2 years the rainfall is very meager. The storage proposed is 55.6 Mcft only and after deducting evaporation and percolation losses, the water will be sufficient for 70 days only. Therefore the scheme cannot be formulated in absence of a dependable source for the entire year.
3. The Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad has further informed that in a meeting held with Principal Secretary, Irrigation, Secretary (MA & UD) and Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad it was suggested to have a water supply scheme with Handri Niva Sujala Sravanthi Canal as source which is passing nearby Madanapalle instead of a source from the Bahuda River at Chippili village. Accordingly the matter has been examined in consultation with Irrigation Department and Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad prepared a preliminary proposal costing Rs. 138.00 Crores with 90% HUDCO assistance for providing water supply scheme with Summer Storage Tank and other connected works with the source from Handri Niva Sujala Sravanthi Canal. He has requested the Government to accord administrative sanction for Rs. 138.00 Crores.
4. The Government after careful examination hereby accord administrative sanction, in super session of the orders issued in G.O. 1st read above, for Madanapally Water Supply Improvement Scheme with Summer Storage tank and other connected works with Handri Niva Sujala Sravanthi Canal as source at a total cost of Rs. 138.00 Crores with the following financing pattern:
HUDCO (90%) .. Rs, 124.20 Crores.
Municipal Contribution (10%) Rs., 13.80 Crores
Total Rs. 138.00 Crores
5. The above sanction is subject to the council resolution from Madanapalle Municipality approving the above method of financing.
----:: 2 ::----
6. The Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad is directed not to commit any expenditure on the above scheme till the source of water through Handri Niva Sujala Sravathi Canal is fully established by Irrigation Department.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (Exp. M&F) Department vide their U. O. No. 6065/344/A1/Exp.M&F/2005, dated 13.07.2005.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETRY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad.
The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All the concerned through the Engineer-in-Chief (Public Health), Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The District Treasury Officer, Hyderabad,
Copy to: Finance (Exp. M&F) Department.
Special Secretary to C.M. with reference to the CMP No. 719/CMP/2005, dated
P.S. ro M(MA & UD).
// FORWARDED BY ORDER //