GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (Ele.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No. 545 Dated: 30th May, 2005.
1. G.O.Ms.No. 570 MA&UD Dated 6-11-1996.
2. G.O.Ms No. 358 MA Dated 27-4-2005.
3. G.O.ms.No.359 MA Dated.27-4-2005.
4. From the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Letter Roc.No.nil/2005-Election.1, Dated 26 -5-2005.
-- o0o --
In the reference fourth read above the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration has informed that the Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation has submitted proposal for re-division of the Municipal Corporation into 50 single member wards as per the G.O 3rd read above and Rules relating to delimitation of wards issued in the reference 1st read above. He has also informed that The Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation has published preliminary notification regarding delimitation of wards into 50 single member wards as required under Rule 8 of the said Rules vide A.P Extraordinary Gazette dated 9.5.2005 inviting suggestions and objections from the Public. The Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation has received 8 suggestions/objections in the mater. The Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation has examined the same and considered 5 suggestions/objections and rejected the remaining 3 suggestions / objections. The Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation has justified all the suggestions/objections that are considered. The General Body of the, Municipal Corporation Eluru has also approved the proposal vide resolution No.38, dated 22.5.2005.
2. The Commissioner of Director Municipal Administration has informed that it was found that there is no variation in percentage of population to the permissible 10% limit as required under Rule 5 of the said Rules.
3. The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration while forwarding the proposal for delimitation of wards of Eluru Municipal Corporation requested the Government to consider and approve the proposal of Re-division of Municipal Corporation Eluru into 50 single wards so as to enable the Municipal Corporation Eluru to publish the same in Form VI in the A.P. Gazette, in Telugu, Urdu and English newspaper each and also display the said notification at important Government offices situated within the Corporation limits as required under Rule 11 of the said Rules.
4. The Government after careful examination of the matter hereby approve the proposal of the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration for Re Division of Eluru Municipal Corporation into 50 single wards as per schedule annexed to this order.
5. The Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration / Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation are requested to take further necessary action in the matter.
( BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration
The District Collector, Eluru
The Commissioner, Eluru Municipal Corporation.
The Secretary, State Election Commission, Budha Bhavan, Secunderabad.
// Forwarded :: By order //