GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT- Development of 2nd Ring Road (Outer Ring Road) - Administrative Sanction - Accorded - Orders - Issued
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (I1) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms No. 442 M.A., Dated the 19 th October , 2004.
Read the following :-
1. From the Vice-Chairman, HUDA, D.O. Letter No. 7462/Plg/HUDA/2004, dated. 7-8-2004.
2. G.O.Ms.No. 433 MA Dated. 16-10-2004.
In the letter 1st read above, the Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority has reported that in the statutory Master Plan as part of the main circulation system, apart from the Inner Ring Road (1st Ring Road) there are proposals for intermediate Ring Road and Outer Ring Road. Initially, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority undertook the detail alignment proposals for the development of the Intermediate Ring Road in 1984. Subsequently, after new developments, it is felt that a 2nd Ring Road is required to be planned and undertaken to cater to the circulation needs. Based on the discussions at Government level, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority has been contemplating to undertake the development of the 2nd Ring Road since 1997. Hyderabad Urban Development Authority had finalised the alignment of the 2nd Ring Road in consultation with Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, Additional Commissioner Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad, I.T. Department, Industries and Commerce Department, Roads and Buildings Department and A.P. Industrial Infrastructure Corporation. The total length of the proposed 2nd Ring Road is about 158 Km. A land width ranging from 75 meters to 250 Meters is proposed to be taken up which includes the 8-lane dedicated main carriageway, buffer strip for green belt development of Highway amenities and commercial facilities at strategic locations and service roads on either side.
2. The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority has further reported that the total outlay for the development of the 2nd Ring Road including land acquisition, development of main road carriageway and junctions would be in the order of Rs 1411-00 crores.
3. In view of the above, the Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority has requested the Government for approval for taking up of the 2nd Ring Road (Outer Ring Road) and also to accord administrative sanction.
4. The Government after careful examination of the matter hereby accord administrative sanction for taking up of the 2nd Ring Road (Outer Ring Road) to a length of 158 Km subject to condition that the Hyderabad Urban Development Authority would meet the about expenditure from their own sources and there would not be any monetary support from the Government.
5. The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority shall take necessary action for taking up of Land Acquisition process. A perspective plan shall be prepared encompassing the growth areas and future requirement, outlined in a Project Report. The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority shall identify an Agency who have got experience in the field, to prepare Detailed Project Report and undertake necessary Project Management and Development Agreement with a reputed Institution for ensuring effective financing and implementation. The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority shall make arrangement for a separate Project Implementation Unit with adequate autonomy.
6. The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority, who is the convenor of the committee constituted in the G.O. 2nd read above, shall place necessary proposals for creating a land bank of all the lands in the areas adjacent to the proposed 2nd Ring Road (Outer Ring Road). The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority shall also develop a green belt surrounding the Outer Ring Road to absorb the pollution, the traffic generate , in consultation with the Member Secretary, A.P.Pollution Control Board.
7. A copy of this order is available on the Internet and can be accessed at the address "http://apts.gov.in/apgos".
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Principal Secretary to Government.
The Vice-Chairman, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority, Hyderabad.
The District Collector, Ranga Reddy District
The District Collector, Medak Hyderabad.
The Principal Secretary, Revenue Department
The Principal Secretary, Industries Department.
The Principal Secretary, IT & C Department
The Principal Secretary, Industries Department
The Principal Secretary, TR & B Department
PS to Special Secretary to Hon’ble CM.
PS to Chief Secretary.
PS to Hon’ble Minister for Municipal Administration.
PS to The Principal Secretary, MA & UD Department.
// Forwarded By Order //