GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTATION AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (I1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 4 4 1 M.A., Dated the 19th October, 2004.
G.O.Rt.No.814, M.A., dated 30-07-2004.
-- o0o --
O R D E R:
Government have felt the need to take up new housing facilities and housing stock in all major cities and towns of Andhra Pradesh with a view to -
(a) Catering to the increasing housing demand of various market segments of consumers;
(b) ensuring that the consumers get a clear title and high quality construction of houses with supporting infrastructure facilities at an affordable cost; and
(c) thus ensuring environmentally sustainable integrated development is achieved.
2. Accordingly, orders were issued vide GO read above, instructing the Urban Development Authorities and the AP Housing Board to work in coordination for facilitating new housing stock and related facilities in a planned manner and as per definite programmes.
3. Similarly, concerted measures are required to be taken up in the Municipal Corporations and Municipalities by the respective Commissioners and the Director of Town & Country Planning, AP for facilitating new housing and related facilities in their urban areas in association and coordination with the AP Housing Board by working out proposals for new townships and planned extensions of existing areas.
4. The Government have examined the matter in detail to benefit the customers as stated at para 1 supra. In continuation of the above orders, Government issue the following instructions to the Commissioners of Municipal Corporations, Municipalities and Vice-Chairmen of Urban Development Authorities:
(i) to identify all lands in their possession and furnish a list with all details of lands to the AP Housing Board, who would examine the same with respect to their requirements and shall have the first option and prerogative for undertaking such integrated housing schemes in the identified lands. The cost of land and cost of basic development of facilities to be given to the Urban Development Authority / Municipal Corporation / Municipality by the AP Housing Board shall be as per established norms.
(ii) in respect of remaining sites and lands not taken up by AP Housing Board, the Urban Development Authority / Municipal Corporation / Municipality shall take up disposal of these for other viable development uses such as Commercial development, Group Housing Schemes, etc. only through Public / Private Partnerships, excepting plotted layout development which may be undertaken by them departmentally .
(iii) identify Government lands and other lands in and around their areas that have potentiality for undertaking comprehensive new townships development and approach the District Collector for transfer of such lands;
(iv) Commissioners of Municipal Corporations, Municipalities and Vice-Chairmen of Urban Development Authorities to chalk out a detailed and comprehensive programme of mid-term and long-term action of land assemblage for facilitating new housing developments in their areas.
-- 2 --
5. The Director of Town & Country Planning, Andhra Pradesh shall coordinate the above work and extend all technical inputs and support to the Municipal Corporations and Municipalities. He shall also act as the nodal officer between the AP Housing Board and the respective Municipal Corporation / Municipality to resolve any disputes.
6. The Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, AP Housing Board is requested to formulate the strategy and work out the modalities of land transfer, sharing of revenues, cash flow and conflict resolution measures in the matter immediately.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Principal Secretary to Government.
The Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, A.P. Housing Board, Hyderabad.
All Vice Chairman of Urban Development Authorities in the State.
All Commissioners of Municipal Corporations in the State.
All Commissioners of Municipalities in the State
through the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Hyderabad.
The Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Hyderabad.
The Director of Town & Country Planning, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All District Collectors in the State.
The Special Chief Secretary, Housing Department.
The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Hyderabad.
The Principal Secretary to Government, Revenue Department.
All Principal Secretaries / Secretaries to the Government.
The Special Secretary to Hon’ble Chief minister.
The PS to Hon’ble Minister for Municipal Administration.
The PS to Hon’ble Minister for Housing.
The Commissioner, I & P R, Hyderabad.
// Forwarded By Order //