GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRASDESH
Andhra Pradesh Urban Local Bodies Infrastructure Development Project (City Challenge Fund) – Grounding of works – 3rd Party Quality Control – Entrustment of the work to the consultant firms – Orders – Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (A1) DEPARTMENT
G. O. Ms. No. 4. Dated \: 03-01-2004.
Read the following:-
1) G. O. Ms. No. 483, M.A. dated 21.10.2003.
2) G. O. Ms. No. 487, M.A. dated 23.10.2003.
3) Government Memo No. 20273/A1/2003-2, M.A. dated 05.12.2003.
4) From the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad Letter No. 487/T6/
APULBIDP/QC/2003, dated 18.12.2003.
5) Government Memo No. 23755/A1/2003-1, M.A. Dated 19.12.2003
6) From the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad Letter No. 487/T6/
APULBIDP/QC/2004, dated 01.01.2004.
--:: 00 ::--
In the G.,O. 1st read above orders were issued among other things, according administrative sanction to Andhra Pradesh Urban Local Bodies Infrastructural Development Project (City Challenge Fund) with a total cost of Rs. 300.00 Crores with HUDCO loan assistance covering 114 Municipalities for creation of infrastructure facilities like roads, drains, water supply etc.
2. In the G. O. 2nd read above necessary guidelines for implementation of project were also issued. In the said guidelines it was instructed to take up the works with 3rd Party Quality Assurance.
3. In the Memo 3rd read above, the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad has been permitted to negotiate with National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Gatchi Bowli. Hyderabad, for 3rd Party Inspection, on the terms and conditions followed in respect of irrigation works.
4. The Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad in his letter 4th read above has reported that the proposed works have been identified, administrative sanctions for individual works have been accorded and also technical sanctions has been given by the P.H. Engineering Department and work orders are being issued for grounding the works. He has stated that as the NCCBM. Gatchi Bowli, Hyderabad did not turn up, specific offers with full details have been called for from some other consultant firms.
5. In his letter 6th read above. the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad has reported that with reference to the instructions in the Government Memo dated 19.12.2003, the 3rd Party Quality Assurance Agencies already short listed in APUSP Project have been asked to submit their budgetary offer based on the TOR (Terms of Reference) provided to the consultants on or before 27.12.2003 and that the following firms have submitted their specific offers within the stipulated time by furnishing the technical details with organograms, man power details, proven experience, lab facilities etc. besides consultancy fee to be paid and terms of payment.
1) M/s KITCO LTD., Cochin.
2) M/s M.D.P. Consultants Ltd., New Delhi, in association with
M/s. N.C..P.E., Hyderabad.
3) M/s. TUV Suddeutschland India Ltd., Hyderabad.
4) M/s. Willbur Smith Associates, Hyderabad.
6. The Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad has stated that an evaluation committee has been constituted and based on the details of the consultancy fees, service tax etc. quoted by the firms, it is preferred to entrust the work of quality control inspection to two agencies i.e. the 2nd and 4th firms, in view of the magnitude of work involved. He has requested the Government to issue necessary orders in the matter.
7. The Government after careful consideration of the proposal of the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad, hereby permit him to entrust the 3rd Party Quality Control Inspection job to the following two firms as per the Terms Of Reference at revised offers as agreed and with the jurisdiction, duly charging the expenditure to the respective individual works.
1) M/s M.D.P. Consultants Ltd., New Delhi Ananthapur, Warangal and
in association with M/s N.C.P.E.Hyderabad. Hyderabad P. H. Circles.
2) M/s Willbur Smith Associates, Hyderabad Visakhapatnam,Rajahmundry
Guntur and Nellore P.H. Circles
8. The Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad.
Copy to the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration,
Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
Copy to the Managing Director, APUFIDC., Hyderabad.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //