GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Vijayawada Municipal Corporation –Water Supply –Water Tax – Reduce Water Tariff
for House Service connection in respect of Vijayawada Municipal Corporation from
existing rate of Rs. 100/- per month to Rs. 80/- per month – Orders – Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (A1) DEPARTMENT
G. O. Ms. No. 251. Dated: 09.07.2004.
Read the following:-
1) G. O. Ms. No. 158, MA & UD Department, dated 20.06.1997.
2) G.O. Rt. No. 799, MA & UD (A1) Department, dated 03.07.2002.
3) From the Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation Letter Rc. No.
CE-14116/1997, dated 25.06.2004.
--:: 00 ::--
In G. O. 1ST read above orders were issued among other things for enhancement of water charges for House Service connection (un metered) in respect of Municipal Corporations / Municipalities from the existing rate of Rs. 40/- to Rs. 100/- p.m.
2. The Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation reported during 3/2002 that the Municipal Council, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation rejected the proposals to increase the Water Tariff and decided to continue old rate of Rs. 40/-. Explaining the financial position of the Corporation, the Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation requested the Government to issue instructions for implementing the orders of the Government.
3. Under the powers vested under Section 679 – A of the Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Act 1955 the Government have issued orders suspending Council Resolution No. 309 dated 24.10.2002 and 1020 dated 30.01.2002 of the Municipal Council of the Vijayawada Municipal Corporation pending final orders in the matter.
4. The Government have also issued orders in the G. O. 2nd read above directing the Municipal Council of the Vijayawada Municipal Corporation to enhance the water tariff from Rs. 40/- to Rs. 100/- per month for domestic connections and to implement the same with effect from 18.06.2002.
5. In the letter 3rd read above, the Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation has reported that during the discussions held recently on the subject at the Government level, it has been decided to reduce water tariff collection from Rs. 100/- to Rs. 80/- per moth and requested the Government to issue necessary orders in the matter to enable the Corporation to effect the revised rates in Vijayawada Municipal Corporation.
6. Government after careful consideration of the matter hereby order for reduction of the water tariff for House Service Connection in respect of the Vijayawada Municipal Corporation, from the existing Rs. 100/- per month to Rs. 80/- per month.
--:: 2 ::--
7. The Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation shall take necessary further action.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Commissioner, Vijayawada Municipal Corporation, Vijayawaqda.
Copy to the Engineer-in-Chief, Public Health, Hyderabad.
Copy to the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
SCs. – 2.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //