GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Public Works Reforms in Public Works Department Introduction of e Procurement in Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department Further orders Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (A1) DEPARTMENT.
G. O. Ms. No. 572. M.A Dated: 19.12.2003.
Read the following:
1) Agreement between Government of Andhra Pradesh and M/s, C I India
Private Limited, dated 17.06.2002.
2) G. O. Ms. No. 2, Information Technology and Communication Department,
3) G. O. Ms. No. 415, M.A dated 05.09.2003.
4) From the Project Manager, e-procurement, Letter No. 432/e-proc (review
meetings) Dated 21.11.2003.
--:: 00 ::--
Government from time to time have been initiating several reforms in tendering process of Public Works with a view to bring in simplification of the procedure, greater transparency and healthy completion in procurement methods.
2. As part of its e-governance initiative, government identified e- procurement as one of the key thrust areas and has taken up e-procurement project as one of the core IT initiatives. Accordingly, Government entered into an Agreement with M/s. C.I. India Private Limited to develop, operate and maintain e-market place as a pilot project initially, covering the following 4 departments.
1. Andhra Pradesh Technology Services.
2. Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation.
3. Andhra Pradesh Health and Medical Housing and Infrastructure Development
4. Commissionerate of Tenders.
3. Government in Information Technology & Communication Department vide G.O 2nd read above have issued orders authorizing the above 4 departments to take up e procurement through electronic process, stating that, notwithstanding any existing provisions of Andhra Pradesh Public Works Department Code as well as other orders and executive instructions in force e procurement process shall be valid for procurement of goods and services for entrustment of contracts for Engineering, IT and other projects.
4. It is also ordered that the participating departments shall issue necessary amendments / changes in the existing procedure, as deemed necessary, for switching over from the conventional / existing procurement processes to equivalent e procurement process.
5. The Government while reviewing e-procurement project on 15.05.2003 have decided to include the Public Health (Engineering Department) in e-procurement programme on par with Roads and Buildings and Industries and Commanding Area Departments.
--:: 2 ::--
Accordingly, on a proposal received from the Engineer-in-Chief (PH), Hyderabad in thematter, orders have been issued in the G.O.3rd read above for adoption of e-procurement in Public Health Engineering Department in respect of the works coming under the purview of Chief Engineer (PH), Engineer-in-Chief (PH / Commissionerate of Tenders costing Rs. 100.00 Lakhs and above and taken up with the State Government funds (including HUDCO) / Municipal Contributions), adopting the guidelines / procedures as indicated in the matter annexure enclosed thereto.
6. The Steering Committee for e-procurement in its meeting held on 21.11.2003 has decided to extend e-procurement to some more organizations under the administrative control of this Department.
7. In continuation of the Government orders third read above, the Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue following orders.
i) The e-procurement shall be adopted in all Heads of Departments under the
administrative control of Municipal Administration and Urban Development
Department (including all Urban Development Authorities, Municipal
Corporations, Municipalities) in respect of all purchases costing Rs. 10.00
Lakhs and above taken up with the Government funds (including HUDCO /
Municipal Contributions). Necessary guidelines / procedure to be followed
will be issued separately.
ii) All the existing codal rules. G. Os executive instructions applicable to the
processing of conventional tenders are applicable to the bids to the bids to be
procured through e-procurement.
iii) In respect of the works which are included in e-procurement, tenders will not
be received in the conventional method.
8. The above orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
9. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (Expr. M.A & F) Department vide their U.O. No. 32723/501/A2/Expr.M&F/2003, dated 16.12.2003.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNSMENT.
All Heads of Departments under the administrative control of Municipal Administration
and Urban Development Department, A.P., Hyderabad.
Coy to Finance (Expr.M&F) Department.
Copy to P.S. to C.M.
Copy to P.S. to M (M.A).
Copy to P.S. to Principal Secretary, M.A & U.D Department.
Copy to SF/SC.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //