GOVERNMENTOF ANDHRA PRADESH
|Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department - Qutubullapur Industrial Municipality - Remodelling of Water Supply Scheme - Reduction of Centage charges from 15.5% to 7% - Orders - Issued. |
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION& URBAN DEVELOPMENT (A3) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.86.M.A. Dated: 7th February, 2000.
From the Chairman, Qutubullahpur Industrial Municipality, Jeedimetla,
Hyderabad Lr.Ref.No.RBR/QIM/32/99, dated 20.9.1999.
O R D E R:
The Chairman, Qutubullahpur Industrial Municipality, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad in theletter read above has stated that athe Qutubullahpur Notified Municipality Industrial Areaservice Society was registered on 1.4.1996 with a view to confer self governance ato theindustrial tax-paying community in and around the Jeedimetla industrial estate. He has stated that the idea of self governancewas a long felt desire of the industrialists particularly in view of the deterioration ofcivic amenities.
2. A new scheme has been approved by the Government to hand over the power to collectrevenues and maintain the industrial estates to the Service Societies in the industrialMunicipalities. The Service Society has torun the administration with the subscriptions from the society members and fees collectedtowards building permits and plans. TheService Societies are non-profit making in nature and consist of all the rate payers asmembers.
3. The Government in pursuance of the announcement of the small Scale IndustrialPolicy has constituted a Committee under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary toGovernment consisting of officials and members of Service Societies and has also created aCritical Infrastructure Balancing Fund with an initial amount of Rs.5/- crore to take-upinfrastructure works in industrial estates, under the Scheme the Government would befunding up to 50% of the project cost if the service societies would come forward withtheir contributions of 50%.
4. The Jeedimetla Industrial Association have convenced their members to agree tocontribute 50% for getting the facility of water supply. They have suggested that the scheme be handed over to Hyderabad Metropolitan WaterSupply and Sewerage Board to take-up the project on BOT basis and to transfer the schemeto them only after a period of 2 to 3 years when the Society will be fully equipped totake-over the responsibility. The project isprepared for Rs.5.33 crores including 15.5% as centage charges as applicable to privatebodies. The Chairman, QutubullahpurIndustrial Municipality, Hyderabad has requested the Government to waive the centagecharges, as the Society is going to bear 50% of the cost.
5. After careful consideration, Government hereby order for reduction of centagecharges from 15.5% to 7% payable by Qutubullahpur Industrial Municipality for providingwater facility. As this project is the firstof its kind and it is for industrial development.
6. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance and Planning (FW-EBS.X)Department vide their U.O.No.48695/614/A1/Expr.MAUD & EF&ST/99, dated 28.1.2000.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The ManagingDirector, Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board,
The Commissionerand Director of Municipal Administration, Hyderabad.
TheEngineer-in-Chief, Public Health, Hyderabad.
The Pay &Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
AccountantGeneral, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The MunicipalCommissioner, Qutubullahpur Municipality.
The Chairman,Qutubullahpur Municipality
(Industrial), Jeedimetla, Hyderabad.
The Finance andPlanning (FW.EBS.X) Department.
//FORWARDED:: BY ORDER//