GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
COLLECTION OF FEE - Jegityal Municipality - Exemption of Collection from Petty Former Venders on par with Rythu Bazar - Cancellation of Council Solution No.1, dt.06-04-99 - Order - Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBANDEVELOPMENT(TC.II) DEPARTMENT
G O Ms No.241 Dt.25th April, 2000
Read the following:-
1. From theCommissioner, Jagityal Municipality, Lr, No.173/B1/99, dt.07-04-1999.
2. From theCommissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Hyderabad, Lr Roc.No.9236/99-51, dt.14-06-1999.
3. Show causeNotice Memo.No.19723/TC.I/99-2, dated.12-10-1999.
4. From theCommissioner, Jagityal Municipality, Lr No 173/B1/99, Dt.23-02-2000.
Wheras, the Jagityal MunicipalCouncil, in its Rasolution No.1, dt.06-04-1999, has resolved to request the Government toexempt collection of fee from petty farmer vendors on per with Rythu Bazar.
2. Andwhereas, the Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration, Hyderabad. In his letter second read above, has stated thatif the exemption of collection of fee, on par with Rythu Bazar, is granted, there will befinancial loss to the Municipality.
3. Andwhereas, the Government, having cibsudered all the aspects of the matter, are of theopinion that the said resolution No.1, dated. 06-04-1999 of the Municipal Council,Jagityal, is against the financial interest of the Municipality.
4. Andwhereas, the Government, after careful examination of the matter, have issued a show causenotice in Government Memo. No. 19723/TE.I/99-2, dated 12-10-1999, to the MunicipalCouncil, Jagityal Municipality , to show cause within fifteen(15) days from the date ofreceipt of the said Memorandum as to why the Council Resolution No.1, dated 06-04-1999passed by Jagityal Municipality, should not be cancelled.
5. Andwhereas, the Commissioner, Jagityal Municipality, in his Letter fourth aread above, hasstated that the Municipal Council, Jagityal Municipality has again resolved and retifiedthe previous resolution to except the fee on par with Rythu Bazar and now the Governmentobserve that the Municipal Council reiteretedtheir request without adding any fresh grounds.
6. Now,therefore, inexercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 59 of theAndhra Pradesh Municipalities Act, 1965,(Act 6 of 1965), Government hereby confirm theprovisional decision already arrived andcancel the Council Resolution No.1, dated 06-04-1999, paused by the Municipal Council,Jagityal, so it is against the financila interest of the municipality.
7. TheMunicipal Commissioner, Jagityal Municipality, is requested to take necessary action inthe matter accordingly.
(BYORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
The MunicipalCommissioner, Jagityal Municipality, Karimnagar Dist.
The Commissionerand Director of Municipal Administration, AP Hyderabad.
The Collector& District Magistrate, Karimnagar.
The RegionalDirector-Cum-Appellate Commissioner, of municipal Administration, Karimnagar.
The Chairperson,Jagityal Municipal Council, Jagityal Municipality, Karimnagar Dist.
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //