GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Sugar Industry – Co-operative Sugar Factories – Revival and Restructure of sick Sugar Mills – Constitution of Committee for each Cooperative Sugar Factory for reducing and downsizing of employees/workforce – Orders – Issued.
INDUSTRIES & COMMERCE (SUGAR) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. Govt. Letter No.11109/Sug.A2/2004-3, dt.27-10-2004.
2. Govt. Letter No.11109/Sug.A2/2004-4, dt.27-10-2004.
3. Govt. Letter No.11109/Sug.A2/2004-5, dt.27-10-2004.
In the references read above, orders were issued, for revival of the following 10 sick Sugar Mills with the revival package available for such revival from the Government of India. As modernization with increased annual crushing ranging from 3.5 to 4.5 / 5.5 to 6.0 lakh tons is programmed together with downsizing of strength of staff with co-generation ethanol production, it has become necessary to restructure the employees’ strength by downsizing through V.R.S. for streamlining the working of the revived Co-operative Sugar Factories:-
Chodavaram Cooperative Sugar Factory, Govada,
Etikoppaka Coop. Sugar Factory, Etikoppaka,
Thandava Coop. Sugar Factory, Payakaraopet,
4. Nizamabad Coop. Sugar Factory, Sarangapur, Nizamabad (under revival).
Kovuru Cooperative Sugar Factory, Kovuru,
6. Kadapa Cooperative Sugar Factory, Kadapa (under revival).
Anakapalle Coop. Sugar Factory, Anakapalle,
8. Sri Vijayarama Gajapathi Coop. Sugar Factory, Bhimasinghi, Vizianagaram (under revival).
9. Sri Venkateswara Coop. Sugar Factory, Renigunta, Chittoor (under revival).
10. Chittoor Cooperative Sugar Factory, Chittoor (under revival).
2. In the circumstances, the Government hereby constitute a Committee for each Co-operative Sugar Factory proposed for revival in the references 1-3 read above, for reducing and downsizing the employees/work force for making the Cooperative Sugar Factories viable. The Committee consists of:-
(1) District Collector / Joint Collector of the District
where the Cooperative Sugar Factory is
located – as decided by the District
Collector. .. Chairman.
(2) District Co-operative Officer of the
the District where the Cooperative
Sugar Factory is located. .. Member
(3) Managing Director of the respective
Coop. Sugar Factory .. Member-Convener.
3. The Committee as constituted for each Co-operative Sugar Factory in paragraph 2 above shall hold detailed discussions with the representatives of workers unions and consultants/advisors appointed for the Cooperative Sugar Factory, and reduce the employees/workers as per the actual need rather than based on cadre strength. The District Collector/Joint Collector concerned, who is also the Chairman of the Committee shall revise the strength of employees/workers on the basis of productivity norms and as recommended by the National Federation of Cooperative Sugar Factory in their project report, and those found surplus shall be discharged through V.R.S. The Committee shall ensure that the entire exercise is completed at an early date.
4. The Commissioner & Director of Sugar and Cane Commissioner and Advisors concerned are requested to liaise with the Committees as constituted in paragraph 2 above, and implement downsizing of employees/workers by strictly adhering to the productivity norms and for efficient functioning of the revived Cooperative Sugar Factories.
order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No. 4049/PFS/2004, dated
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Commissioner & Director of Sugar and Cane Commissioner,
All the Managing Directors of Cooperative Sugar Factories thro’ CDoS&CC., Hyd’bad.
The District Collectors concerned.
The District Cooperative Officers concerned.
The Principal Secretary to Govt., Public Enterprises Department.
The Principal Secretary to Govt., Finance Department.
The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, A.P.,
The Commissioner of Cooperation and Registrar of Coop.
The Secretary to Govt.of India, Min. of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Dept. of Food & Public Distribution, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi.
The Managing Director, National Federation of Cooperative Sugar Factories Limited,
The National Cooperative Development Corpn.Ltd., Hyderabad-500 004.
The Accountant General, A.P.,
The Pay & Accounts Officer,
The P.S. to Minister for Tourism & Sugar.
The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister.
The Prl.Secretary to Govt., Ind. & Com. Dept.
The Implementation Secretariat, Public Enterprises Dept.
The Finance (Exp.Ind.&Com.) Dept.
//Forwarded: By Order//