Mines & Minerals - Mining Lease for Steatiteover an extent of 13.44 acres in S.Nos.469/A & 469/B of Kolumulapalli Village,Betamcherla Mandal, Kurnool District held by Sri K.Chandrasekhar Reddy - Lapsed - Orders -Issued.
INDUSTRIES AND COMMERCE [M.III] DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.433, Ind. & Com. Department, dt.29.12.93.
2. High Court of A.P., Order in W.P.Nos.13626/92 & 14016/92, dt.21.6.95.
In Govt.Memo.No.2257/M.III/90-14, Industries & Commerce Department,dt.28.9.1992 orders were issued rejecting the application of M/s Sri Rama MineralIndustries for the grant of Mining Lease for Steatite over an extent of 13.44 acres inS.Nos.469/A & 469/B of Kolumulapalli Village, Betamcherla Mandal, Kurnool District fora period of 20 years on the grounds [a] that the Company are indulging in illicit miningoperations and obstructed Government officials in discharging their duties and [b] thatGovernment of India have conveyed its approval for granting Mining Lease to SriK.Chandrasekhar Reddy for an extent of 13.44 acres in S.Nos.469/A and 469/B ofKolumulapally Village, Betamcherla Mandal, Kurnool District.
2. Questioning the said orders of Government, SriRama Mineral Industries filed W.P.No.13626/92 before the Honble High Court prayingthe Court to declare the said orders as illegal and direct the Government to grant MiningLease in favour of the Company. In the said W.P. Sri Rama Mineral Industries impleaded SriK. Chandrasekhar Reddy as 5th respondent among others.
3. Sri Rama Mineral Industries filed anotherW.P.No.14016/92 before the Honble High Court praying the Court to declare theProceedings No.2/101/91-M.IV, dt.10.9.92 of the Government of India, Ministry of Mines, asillegal and to direct the respondent to grant lease in favour of the Company. In the saidWrit Petition the petitioner impleaded the Secretary to Government of India, Secretary,Industries & Commerce Department, Andhra Pradesh, the Director of Mines & Geology,Hyderabad, the Assistant Director of Mines & Geology, Kurnool and Sri K. ChandrasekharReddy as respondent 1 to 5th respectively.
4. During the course, when the above W.Ps werepending before the Honble High Court in G.O.Ms.No.433, Ind. & Com. Department,dt.29.12.93 orders were issued granting mining lease for Steatite to Sri K.ChandrasekharaReddy for a period of 10 years over an extent of 13.44 acres in S.No.469/A and 469/B inKolumulapally Village in Kurnool District subject to the decision of the Honble HighCourt in W.P.Nos.13626/92 and 14016/92 filed by M/s Sri Rama Mineral Industries.
5. Subsequently, the Honble High Court byits order dt.21.6.95 dismissed the above W.Ps as withdrawn. The Honble High Courthowever considered the submissions made by Sri K.Chandrasekhar Reddy that he was notinterested to have the lease on account of his own problems that he would have noobjection if the lease is granted in favour of Sri Rama Mineral Industries. The Courtdirected the Government to consider the case of the petitioner in view of the subsequentdevelopment and pass appropriate order.
6. In the circumstances, the Government herebyorder that the Mining Lease granted in the G.O. 1st read above in favour of SriK.Chandrasekhar Reddy as lapsed under rule 28 of Mineral Concession Rules, 1960.
7. The Director of Mines & Geology isrequested to take necessary further action in the matter and also direct the Asst. D.M.G.,Kurnool to notify the above subject area for regrant.
8. A copy of this order is available on theInternet and can be accessed at the address-- "http://apts.gov.in/apgos".
[BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OFANDHRA PRADESH]
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Mines & Geology, Hyderabad. [w.e:RE]
Copy to: Sri K.ChandrasekharReddy, Banaganapalli [Vg. & Mandal], Kurnool District.
The Under Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Mines & Minerals, Department ofMines, New Delhi.
[w.r.t. Lr.No.2/11/99-M.IV, dt.6.7.99].
The Asst. Director of Mines &Geology, Kurnool.
The Director General, Mines Safety, Dhanbad, Bihar.
The Controller General, Indian Bureau, Nagpur.
The Region Controller of Mines, Koti, Hyderabad.
The O.S.D[P], Computer Wing, Ind. & Com. Dept., Secretariat.
//forwarded by order//