GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No. 397 Dated: 14 -11-2008
Read the following: -
1. G.O. Ms. No. 105, HM & FW (K1) Department dated 9-4-2007.
From the President/General
Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Teachers’ Federation Lr. No. 144/2006-07
3. From the President/General Secretary, A.P. State Government Retired Employees Association Lr. No. Gen1/MFC/062-R (1) dated 20-11-2007.
4. From the Vice President, State Pensioners’ Association letter dated.17-9-2007.
5. From the Director of Medical Education, A.P,Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.MA/1/2007, dated 13-11-2007.
6. From the Finance Department U.O. Note No. 9310-A/122/A1/PC.I/2008, Finance (FC.I) Department, dated 5-8-2008.
O R D E R: -
In the Government Orders first read above the Government have issued orders providing maximum ceiling limit (Rs. 2.00 Lakhs/Rs. 1.00 Lakh) of medical reimbursement to the serving and retired employees is as follows:
“The maximum ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs only) is fixed for the major ailments of Bypass Heart surgery, CABGS, Double valve replacement, Open Heart procedure, Aortic valve replacement, Kidney transplantation, Cancer and Neuro-Surgery to Brain irrespective of package rates of CGHS for the treatment obtained in private hospitals, and also for the treatment obtained in NIMS, Hyderabad and SVIMS, Tirupati or actual cost whichever is less. This ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs is applicable to the serving employees and their dependents. In respect of retired employees, their dependents and family pensioners, the ceiling limit is Rs.1.00 lakh for these ailments, as per the recommendations of P.R.C.2005”.
2. In the letters 2nd to 4th read above, the associations have represented the Government for enhancement of the medical reimbursement from Rs.1.00 lakh to Rs.2.00 lakhs on par with serving Govt. employees.
3. The Finance (PC.I) Dept., in the U.O. Note 6th read above have referred the matter to the Anomalies Committee under the Chairmanship of Sri N. Ranga Chary. The Committee has recommended that the limit to medical reimbursement in respect of both the serving employees and the pensioners shall be the same viz., Rs. 2.00 Lakhs. Accordingly, the Finance (PC.I) Dept., has forwarded the report of the Anomalies Committee and requested to take further action on issuance of the orders of enhancement of Medical reimbursement to the Pensioners on par with Serving Employees.
4. Government after careful examination hereby issue the following amendment by replacing the para 7 (1) (b) of the G.O. Ms. No. 105, HM & FW (K1) Department dated 9-4-2007.
7 (1) (b) The maximum ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs only) is fixed for the major ailments of Bypass Heart surgery, CABGS, Double valve replacement, Open Heart procedure, Aortic valve replacement, Kidney Transplantation, Cancer and Neuro-Surgery to Brain irrespective of package rates of CGHS for the treatment obtained in private hospitals, and also for the treatment obtained in NIMS, Hyderabad and SVIMS, Tirupati or actual cost which ever is less. This ceiling limit of Rs. 2.00 lakhs is applicable to the retired employees (pensioners) and their dependents also on par with serving employees for these ailments, as per the recommendations of P.R.C. 2005 read with the recommendations of Anomalies Committee.
5. These orders shall come into force from the date of issue of these orders.
6. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance(Exp..HM&FW-I) Dept., vide their U.O.No.11868/860/A.2/Exp.HM&FW-I/08, dated.16-09-2008.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad.
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.
The Secy., State Legislature, Assembly Buildings, Hyderabad.
All the Departments of Secretariat,
All the Heads of Departments under control of Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department.
All the other Heads of the Departments Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
All Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals.
The Legislature (MC/Pension) Department.
The Civil Surgeon Specialist, Civil Dispensary, A.P. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
All Recognized Private Hospitals through the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
All the District Collectors in the State.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P. Hyderabad
All the District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Accountant General, A.P, Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, A.P, Hyderabad
The Commissioner of
Printing Stationery and Stores
Purchase (Printing wing ),
( with a request to publish the amendment in para 4 of the G.O.(two copies)
P.S. to Prl. Secy. (W&P), Finance Deptt.,
P.S. to Prl. Secy./Secy., HM&FW Deptt.,
Finance (Expr.HM&FW-I) Department.
The concerned Associations.