GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
Rules – A.P. Private Medical/Dental Un-aided Non-Minority Professional Institutions (Admissions into Post Graduate Medical/Dental Courses) Rules, 2003 – Recommendations of the Committee for Fee Structure – Accepted - Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, HM&FW (E2) Dept., dt. 28.01.2004.
2. G.O.Ms.No.38, HM&FW (E2) Dept.,dt.31.01.2004.
3. Judgment in Appeal (Civil) 5041 of 2005 filed by P.A.Inamdar & Ors. in Supreme Court of India, dated:12.08.2005.
4. G.O.Ms.No.89, HM&FW (E2) Dept., dt.28.03.2006.
5. From the Registrar, Dr.NTR UHS, Vijayawada,Lr.No.7649/EA2/2005, dt.29.12.2006, 08.01.2007 & 24.02.2007.
6. From the Director of Medical Education, Lr.Rc.No.01/Spl./MEA/07, dated:12.01.2007
7. From the President, A.P.Private Medical and Dental Colleges Managements Association further letter dated:05.01.2007.
8. Govt.Lr.No.128/E2/2007-1, dated:13.03.2007.
9. From the Member-Secretary, O/o.Committee for fixation of fee structure in Private un-aided Professional Colleges, Hyd.,
10. From the Secretary, Sibar Institure of Dental Sciences, Takkellapadu, Guntur, letter dated:04.04.2007.
11. From the Secretary, Sri Sai College of Dental Surgery, Kothrepally, Vikarabad, letter dated:04.04.2007.
12. From the President, Narayana Education Society, Harinathapuram, Nellore, letter dated:04.04.2007.
13. From the Member-Secretary, O/o.Committee for fixation of fee structure in Private un-aided Professional Colleges, Hyd.,
* * *
O R D E R:
In the letter fifth read above, the Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada has stated that the Government have issued orders under rules 3&4 of G.O.Ms.No.36 HM&FW Dept., dt:28.1.2004 allotting 50% of sanctioned intake of seats to the competent Authority which shall be filled up by the competent Authority, and 50% of sanctioned intake of seats to the Managements of each un-aided non-minority professional institutions for admission of candidates into P.G Dental courses and those seats shall be filled by the Committee on admissions of the competent authority based on the merit in the entrance test held by the Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. Orders have been issued on allotment of seats on rotation basis that if only one seat is sanctioned in the first year, this seat will go to the Management. The next year, this seat will go to the competent authority quota. Similarly, if one seat is approved for Degree and one seat for diploma in the same college, in the first year, the degree course will go to the Management and diploma course will go to the Competent Authority and next year, it will be vice-versa. If there are 3 seats sanctioned or any other odd number, an equal number of seats will go to the Management and competent authority quotas and odd seat will rotate between the Management quota and Government quota every year. Orders have also been issued in G.O.Ms.No.89, Health Medical and Family Welfare (E2) Department, dated:28.3.2006 reserving 15%, 6% and 25% seats of Post Graduate Medical Degree and Diploma courses for SC, ST and BC candidates respectively, in respect of the seats that are to be filled by the competent Authority as per the Constitution 93rd Amendment Act 2005. During the previous year i.e. 2006-07 the percentages of reservation as provided in G.O. fourth read above, for the P.G. Dental Courses, i.e. 15% for SC, 6% for ST and 25% for BC’s, was followed duly implementing the net reservation by following the presidential order.
2. During the meeting held with the Managements of Private Medical / Dental Unaided Non-Minority Professional Institutions on 4.1.2007 the ‘admission policy and fee structure’ for the Post Graduate Medical/Dental Courses in the Private Un-aided Non-Minority Professional Institutions for the academic year 2007-08 has been discussed, and the President, A.P.Private Medical and Dental Colleges Managements Association has submitted a written consent for continuance of the existing admission policy in toto, for the Post Graduate Dental Courses in Private Colleges in the State for the next three academic years i.e. for 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-10.
3. In the letter ninth read above, the Committee for Fixation of Fee Structure for Private Un-aided Professional Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh has fixed the following tuition fee structure for the Dental Post graduate Courses in Private Unaided Non-Minority Dental Colleges for the academic years 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-2010:-
The tuition fee at Rs.1,75,000/- (Rupees One lakh seventy five thousands only) per annum for each student for Competent Authority Seats (50% of the sanctioned intake) and upto Rs.3,50,000/- (Rupees Three lakhs fifty thousands only) per annum for each student for Management seats (50% of the sanctioned intake) as classified in G.O. first read above for Dental P.G. Courses for the academic years 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.
4. After careful examination of the matter and keeping in view the judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated:12.8.2005 in Appeal (Civil) No. 5041 of 2005 filed by P.A.Inamdar Vs. State of Maharashtra, (AIR 2005 SC 3226), and the consensual arrangement with the Private Unaided Non-Minority Dental Colleges, the Government have decided to follow the admission policy and seat matrix as prescribed last year 2006-2007 in toto and hereby order to adopt the existing admission policy, seat matrix as ordered in the G.O. first read above and as amended in the G.Os. second and fourth read above duly following the net group reservation in adopting rule of reservation for SC, ST & BCs, and following the Presidential Order and also the admission rules prescribed in the G.Os. first, second and fourth read above for the admissions of MDS courses under the Competent Authority quota in Unaided Non Minority Dental Colleges from the academic year 2007-2008 onwards, and the fee structure as recommended by the Committee for Fixation of Fee structure as mentioned in para 3 above for the Post Graduate Dental Courses in Private Unaided Non-Minority Dental Colleges in the State for the next three academic years i.e. from 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.
5. The following conditions shall be followed scrupulously by all the Private Un-aided Non-Minority Post Graduate Dental Colleges for the P.G. Dental Degree and Diploma Courses:-
(a) The Management of the Institution shall not charge any Capitation Fee and there shall not be any profiteering. Except the above fee fixed by the Committee, no other amount, either directly or indirectly, can be charged unauthorizedly or illegally by the Management. If any such other amount is charged under any other head or guise (e.g. donation etc.) it would amount to charging of Capitation Fee. The surplus (profit) that is generated from the collection of the Fee must be for the benefit of the Institution and cannot be diverted for other purposes or for personal gain.
(b) The Institution shall collect the Annual Tuition Fee every year in advance only for that particular year either in a lumpsum or in instalments, if it so opts.
(c) Fixation of the Fee Structure by the Committee will not by itself enable or permit the Management to run the relevant P.G. course if it is otherwise not duly recognized by the Government/DCI at any relevant time.
6. The candidates selected and admitted into professional courses shall pay the fee as prescribed by the University towards the fee payable to the University, which is non-refundable.
7. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
8. The Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Member Secretary, O/o.the Chairman, Committee for fixation of fee structure in Private Un-aided Professional Colleges, 1st Floor,
The Principals of all Private Medical Colleges in the State through Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Principals of all Private Dental Colleges in the State through Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Secretary, GOI, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health, New Delhi.
The Secretary, MCI, New Delhi.
The Secretary, DCI, New Delhi.
The P.S. to Spl. Secy.to CM.
The PS to Minister (ME&HI).
The PS to Principal Secretary to Govt.(HM&FW).
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER//