GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Rules – A.P. Private Medical/Dental Un-aided Minority Professional Institutions (Admissions into Post Graduate Medical/Dental Courses) Rules, 2006 - Recommendations of the Fee Fixation Committee – Accepted - Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. Judgment in Appeal (Civil) 5041 of 2005 filed by P.A.Inamdar & Others in Supreme Court of India, dated:12.08.2005.
2. G.O.Ms.No.80, HM&FW (E2) Dept., dt.23.03.2006.
3. G.O.Ms.No.299, HM&FW (E2) Dept., dt.27.07.2006.
4. From the Registrar, Dr.NTR UHS, Vijayawada, Lr.No.3552/EA2/ 2002, dt.11.12.2006.
5. From the M.D., DCMS, Hyderabad Lr.No.DCMS/Acad./PG/2007, dt.31.01.2007.
6. Govt.Lr.No.24910/E2/2006-5, dated:09.03.2007.
7. From the Member-Secretary, O/o.Committee for fixation of fee structure in Private un-aided Professional Colleges, Hyderabad
* * *
O R D E R:
In the letter fourth read above, the Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, has stated that as per the G.O. third read above, the orders issued on the fee structure for the students admitted into P.G. Medical Colleges under Competent / Management seats were valid for the current academic session i.e. for 2006-2007, and hence, he has requested the Government to arrange to fix the fee structure for the students to be admitted into P.G. Medical and Dental Colleges for the ensuing academic year 2007-2008 for processing the admission procedure as per the schedule by the University.
2. During the meeting held with the Management of Deccan College of Medical Sciences on 4.1.2007 and 23.01.2007 the ‘admission policy and fee structure’ for the post graduate medical courses in the Private Medical Colleges for the academic year 2007-08 has been discussed and the Managing Director, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad has submitted a written consent for continuance of the existing admission policy and fee structure as per the G.Os. second and third read above, for the Post Graduate Medical courses in Private Colleges in the state to be continued for the next three academic years i.e. for 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-10 in toto.
3. In the reference seventh read above, the Committee for Fixation of Fee Structure for Private Un-aided Professional Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh has finalised the fees for P.G. Degree / Diploma Courses in Private Unaided Minority Medical College for the academic years 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-2010 and the particulars of the tuition fee structure are as follows:-
The tuition fee per annum for each student for Medical P.G. courses in the Minority Institution where all the seats are management seats, for the academic years 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010:
Nature of course
Tuition fee per annum
Para – Clinical Degree
Para – Clinical Diploma
4. After careful examination of the matter and keeping in view the judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated:12.8.2005 in Appeal (Civil) No. 5041 of 2005 filed by P.A.Inamdar Vs. State of Maharashtra, (AIR 2005 SC 3226), and the consensual arrangement with the Private Unaided Minority Medical Colleges, the Government have decided to follow the admission policy and seat matrix as prescribed last year 2006-2007 in toto for the next three academic years. Accordingly, Government hereby order to adopt the existing admission policy, seat matrix as ordered in the G.O. second read above, and the fee structure as recommended by the Committee for fixation of fee structure as indicated in para 3 above for the Post Graduate Medical Courses in Private Unaided Minority Medical Colleges in the State for the next three academic years i.e. from 2007-2008, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.
5. The following conditions shall be followed scrupulously by all the Private Un-aided Minority Post Graduate Medical Colleges for the P.G. Medical Degree and Diploma Courses:-
(a) The Management of the Institution shall not charge any Capitation Fee and there shall not be any profiteering. Except the above fee fixed by the Committee, no other amount, either directly or indirectly, can be charged unauthorizedly or illegally by the Management. If any such other amount is charged under any other head or guise (e.g. donation etc.) it would amount to charging of Capitation Fee. The surplus (profit) that is generated from the collection of the Fee must be for the benefit of the Institution and cannot be diverted for other purposes or for personal gain.
(b) The Institution shall collect the Annual Tuition Fee every year in advance only for that particular year either in a lumpsum or in instalments, if it so opts.
(c) The candidates who were admitted in the College prior to the academic years 2007-2008 shall continue to pay the fees at the rate existing at the time of their admission.
(d) Fixation of the Fee Structure by the Committee will not be itself enable or permit the Management to run the relevant P.G. Courses if it is otherwise not duly recognized by the Government/MCI at any relevant time.
6. The candidates selected and admitted into professional courses shall pay the fee as prescribed by the University towards the fee payable to the University, which is non-refundable.
7. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
8. The Registrar, NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Member Secretary,
The Principals of all Private Medical Colleges in the State through DME
The Principals of all Private Dental Colleges in the State through DME.
The Secretary, GOI, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health, New Delhi.
The Secretary, MCI, New Delhi.
The Secretary, DCI, New Delhi.
The Accountant General, AP, Hyderabad
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, AP, Hyderabad.
The P.S. to Spl. Secy.to CM.
The PS to Minister (HM&FW).
The PS to Principle Secretary (HM&FW).
The Law (E) Department.
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER//