GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Medical Education - Proposal for re-constitution of District Level Teams with two Members with subject experts for inspection of Para Medical Institutions excluding Nursing Schools and Colleges – Orders – Issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL AND
FAMILY WELFARE (
Read the following:
1) G.O.Rt.No.448, HM&FW(K2)Deptt., dated 25.04.2005.
2) G.O.Rt.No.848, HM&FW(K2)Deptt., dated 6.08.2005.
3) From Chairman, High Power
3) From Chairman, High Power Committee, Room No.103, New Building, DME Office, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.9730/HPC/06, dt.20-04-2006.
In the G.O.
first read above, orders have been issued constituting District Level Teams
consisting of Principal,
2. In the letters third and fourth read above, the Chairman, High Power Committee has stated that the Principal, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad has reported in his letter No.E6/OMC/2006/46/Peshi/860 and 861, dt.17.03.2006 that Principal and Superintendent have to attend their regular duties of diagnostic work and teaching programmes as well as administrative work and are not able to attend for inspection of various proposals sent by the High Power Committee. The Principal, Osmania Medical College has also stated that Inspection duties for paramedical institutions can be attended by members from the faculty of Microbiology, Radiology, Cardiology, Anesthesia and Nephrology.
3. The Chairman, High Power Committee has, therefore, sent proposal for reconstitution of District Level Teams for inspecting Paramedical Institutions stating that for inspection of Paramedical courses, no Nursing staff is required as specified in G.O. second read above and requested the Government to consider for appointing the following Inspection Team for inspection of Paramedical courses:-
1) The Principal, Government Medical College or his nominee and;
2) Head of the Department/ Professor of the concerned faculty relating to the particular Paramedical course. In case, there is no head of the Department or Professor, then any other senior Faculty Member of the faculty relating to the concerned Paramedical courses.
:: 2 ::
4. Government after careful examination of the matter have accepted the recommendation of the Chairman, High Power Committee. Accordingly, Government hereby issue the following orders with immediate effect:-
(1) The existing District Level Teams with four members constituted in G.O.Rt.No.448, HM&FW(K2)Deptt., dated 25.4.2005 and G.O.Rt.No. 848, HM&FW(K2)Deptt., dated 6.8.2005 be continued for verification of Colleges of Nursing, and Nursing Schools.”
(2) In respect of the paramedical institutions other than Nursing Institutions and in partial modification of orders issued in the G.O.s first and second read above, it is ordered that separate District Level Teams with two members be constituted exclusively for verification for establishment of Paramedical Courses and enhancement of seats in Paramedical courses and connected matters etc., as specified below:-
a) The Principal, Government Medical College or his nominee from concerned Para Medical Department i.e., Head of Department /Professor from the departments relating to the particular Para Medical courses as Member - Convener.
b) Head of the Department/ Professor of the concerned faculty relating to the particular Paramedical course. In case, there is no head of the Department or Professor of the concerned Paramedical course, then the Head of the Department or any other senior Faculty Member of the faculty related to the concerned Paramedical courses, shall be the Member.
5. The Chairman, High Power Committee shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
DR. I.V.SUBBA RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Chairman, High Power Committee,
Room No.103, O/o DME, Koti, Hyderabad.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Commissioner Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad.
The Registrar, N.T.R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
All Principals/Superintendents of Govt. Medical Colleges/ Govt. Teaching Hospitals.
HM&FW (D/J) Deptt.,
Copy to: The Spl. Secy. to C.M.
The P.S. to Minister (Finance & Health).
The P.S. to Prl Secy., / Secy., HM&FW Deptt.,
The P.S. to E.O. Prl. Secy., HM&FW Deptt.,
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
Note: This G.O. is available in the internet and can be accessed at the