GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Child Heart disease – Proposal for reimbursement of cost of expenditure incurred by Govt. General Hospitals in performing heart surgeries to children suffering with heart diseases on par with private hospitals i.e. at the rate of 20% less than NIMS rates – Orders – Issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.362, HM&FW(K1) Deptt., dt.1-10-2004.
2. G.O.Ms.No.363, HM&FW(K1) Deptt., dt.1-10-2004.
3. G.O.Ms.No.598, HM&FW(K1) Deptt., dt.15-12-2004
4. From the DME, A.P., Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.Cardiac Cell/DME/2004, dt.25-11-2004.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have formulated a scheme for providing financial aid towards surgeries to the children suffering from heart diseases to the private corporate hospitals who provide treatment and surgery for each category of pediatric heart surgery. The heart surgeries have been categorized to nine categories. Cardiac Cells have been created in seven Government Teaching hospitals, who will treat, operate or refer patients to other hospitals.
2. In the G.O. 2nd read above, Government have authorised the Director of Medical Education for payment of cost of surgeries to the concerned private hospitals, participating in the scheme as per package rates prescribed by Government i.e. 20% less than the charges levied by Nizams’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad for similar cases. In regards to Government Teaching hospitals, it was specified that the concerned hospital should submit a report containing the cost of surgery with discharge summery case wise. Then the Director of Medical Education, will release the amount from the funds kept in P.D account for this scheme, at the rate of the cost of such surgery when performed in Government teaching hospitals and these rates will be communicated separately.
3. In the letter fourth read above, the Director of Medical Education has stated that the following Govt. Hospitals are performing surgeries to the children suffering from heart diseases:-
(A) OPEN HEART SURGERIES
i). Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad
ii). King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam
iii). Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Warangal.
iv). Gandhi Hospital, Secunderabad.
(B) CLOSED HEART SURGERIES (Cat 1&2)
i). Govt. General Hospital, Kakinada
ii). Govt. General Hospital, Kurnool
iii). Govt. General Hospital, Guntur.
iv). SVRR Hospital, Tirupati.
4. The Director of Medical Education has requested the Govt. to permit him to reimburse the cost of the surgery to the Government institutions at the same rate applicable to other Non-Governmental institutions i.e. 20% less than the NIMS rates, after placing the proposals before the committee constituted for the purpose. He has also requested that the Superintendents of respective Government institutions may deposit such released funds under PD account for the purpose of meeting the expenses to be incurred in treating the children suffering from heart diseases.
5. After careful examination of the matter and in partial modification of the orders issued in the G.O.s first and second read above, Govt. hereby accord permission to the Director of Medical Education to reimburse the cost of the surgeries to Government Teaching Hospitals/ institutions performing the child heart surgeries at the rate of 20% less than the charges levied by Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad for similar cases on par with other private hospitals, after duly placing the proposals before the committee constituted for this purpose for scrutiny -vide G.O.Ms.No.363, HM&FW(K1) Department, dated 1-10-2004.
6. The Superintendents of the respective Govt. Teaching Hospitals should arrange for deposit of the released funds under P.D. Account for this purpose to meet the expenses to be incurred in treating and performing surgeries to the children suffering from heart diseases.
7. The Director of Medical Education shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
DR. I.V.SUBBA RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Commissioner of Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Commissioner of A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad.
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad.
All Superintendents, Government Teaching Hospitals in the State.
All HODs under Control of HM&FW Department.
All District Collectors.
All District Medical and Health Officers.
All Superintendents of District Headquarters Hospitals.
Copy to: The Commissioner of Information and Public Relation,
A.C Guards, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Finance (Exp-HM&FW-I) Deptt.
The Revenue (DA) Department.
The Special Secretary to C.M.
P.S. to Minister. (Fin).
P.S. to Chief Secretary to Government.
P.S. to Prl. Secretary /Secretary /Ex. Officio Secretary to Govt. (HM&FW)
P.S. to Secretary to Govt (I.F), Finance.
P.S. to Principal Secretary to Govt., Revenue Department.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
Note : This G.O. is available in the internet and can be accessed at the