GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Nursing Education - Decisions of Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi not to consider any proposal for opening of new Nursing Schools from the year 2006-2007 on wards and upgradation of Nursing Schools to Nursing Colleges – Accepted – Orders - Issued.
Read the following:
1) From the
Secy. INC, Combined
2) From the Secy., INC New Delhi, F.No.22-6/2001-INC, dt.14-03-2005.
4) Govt.Memo.No.9423/K2/2005-1, dt.23-05-2005.
In the letter first read above, the Secretary, Indian Nursing Council has stated that the Indian Nursing Council in its meeting held on 17-02-1994 had resolved to up-grade all schools of nursing attached to Medical Colleges into colleges of nursing in a phased manner with an objective to prepare nurses to cope up with the advancement in the field of medicine and related sciences. He has also stated that the issue has again been discussed in the Council meeting held on 22-12-2000 and it has been resolved that from the year 2005, Indian Nursing Council will not consider any proposal for operating of news General Nursing and Midwifery Schools and the Council will workout the strategies so that by 2010 all Schools of Nursing be converted into Colleges of Nursing.
2. In pursuance of the above resolution, the Secretary, Indian Nursing Council has requested the State Government to take immediate steps for up-grading Schools of Nursing to Colleges of Nursing, for those schools which are having adequate clinical and other in-frastructure facilities.
3. In the letter second read above, the Secretary, Indian Nursing
Council has stated that the Indian Nursing Council has resolved in the
Council’s meeting held in December, 2000 that from the year 2005, Indian
Nursing Council will not consider any proposal for opening of new G.N.M.
schools. The Secretary, Indian Nursing
Council has requested the State Government not to issue the Essentiality
Certificate for the (G.N.M.)
4. Government after careful consideration of the matter have decided to accept the above decisions of Indian Nursing
1) That no essentiality certificates/permissions for establishment of Nursing
Schools be issued from the academic year 2006-07 onwards in the State.
2) That the existing nine Government Nursing Schools be upgraded to that
of Government Colleges of Nursing from the academic year 2006-07.
3) That steps be taken to upgrade the existing two hundred and ninety four and odd Nursing Schools in the private sector to that of Nursing Colleges in a phased manner by motivating the private managements concerned, in order to comply with the directions of the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and to be completed by 2010.
5. The President, A.P. Nurses and Midwives Council/ Director of Medical Education/ the Chairman Monitoring Committee/ Chairman, Higher Power Committee will take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
DR. I.V.SUBBA RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Hon’ble Chairman, High Power Committee, 2nd floor, New Bldg. of
All Members of the High Power Committee, 2nd Floor, New
Bldg. of DME,
President, A.P. Nurses and Midwives Council and DME,
The Director of Medical Education, A.P.,
Registrar, A.P. Nurses and Midwives Council,
The Commissioner of Family Welfare,
The Commissioner, I & P.R., A.C. Guards,
Hon’ble Chairman, Monitoring Committee, 2nd
DME office, A.P.,
All H.O.Ds. under the control of H.M. & F.W. Department.
The Director, Nizam Institute of Medical
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi.
All District Medical & Health Officers in the State.
All Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals.
All Principals of Government Nursing Schools.
All Principals of Government Colleges of Nursing.
Secretary, Govt. of
The Secretary, Indian Nursing Council, Combined Council’s Buildings,
Govt. Pleader for Medical and Health, A.P. High Court,
Finance (Exp. HM & FW-I) Deptt.,
Social Welfare Department.
H.M. & F.W. (D/E) Deptt.,
The Spl. Secretary to C.M.
P.S. to Minister (Finance)
P.S. to Chief Secretary to Government.
P.S. to Principal Secretary, Social Welfare Deptt.,
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //