GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (L2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No 622 Dated:- 28-07-2004.
Read the following:-
1) From the Addl. DG., D&C., DCA., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.18190/B2/2002, dated 3011.2002 and 26.07.2003.
2) G.O.Ms.No.3, HM&FW(L2) Dept., dated 06.01.04.
O R D E R :
The Director General, Drugs & Copyright, Drugs Control Administration, Hyderabad in his letter 1st read above has originally submitted proposals for strengthening the Drugs Control Administration Department basing on the recommendations of Justice Hathi Committee report 1975 for sanction of the following posts for strict implementation of Drugs & Cosmetics Act., 1940 and Rules 1945 by meeting the expenditure from user charges.
1) Joint Director - 2
2) Deputy Director - 5
3) Asst. Director - 10
4) Drugs Inspectors - 50
2. Subsequently basing on the cadre strength in neibouring States, he has proposed to sanction only 50 posts of Drug Inspectors on contract basis to curb the menace of manufacturing & distribution of adulterated/ spurious/not of standard-quality drugs, so that the people get safe., efficacious drugs at reasonable cost, there is need to take an additional 50 Drug Inspectors on contact basis. The present sanctioned posts of 55 Drugs Inspectors are quite insufficient to perform the statutory functions under Drugs & Cosmetic Act. 1940, Drugs Price Control Orders, 1955 and Drugs & Magical Remedies Objectionable Advertisements Act etc. He has therefore requested the Government. to sanction only 50 posts of Drug Inspectors on contract basis and to meet the expenditure from the proposed user charges.
3. After careful examination of the above proposal, Government hereby sanction only 50 posts of Drugs Inspectors on contract basis by meeting the expenditure from levying the user charges for which permission was accorded in reference 2nd read above, subject to the conditions as appended in the Annexure to this order to follow the rule of reservation in accordance with those guide lines.
4. This order is issued with the concurrence of Finance & Planning (Fin.Exp.M&H-II) Dept. vide their U.O.No.21751/177 /A2/Expr.M&H.II/03, dated 03.10.2003.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director General, Drugs & Copyright,
Drugs Control Administration, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, A.P, Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, A.P, Hyderabad.
The Finance. & Planning.(Exp.M&H.II) Department.
The Secy. to C.M.
The P.S. to Prl.Secy. to Govt., MH&FW Dept.
The P.S. to Secy. to Govt.
The Computer Cell, HM&FW Dept.
// Forwarded By Order //