Child Heart Diseases Ė Constitution of Committee for scrutiny and to recommend for payment towards cost of surgeries performed to the children suffering from heart diseases Ė Orders Ė Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.363 ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Dated
the 1st October, 2004
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††† Read the following:
O R D E R:
†††††† In the G.O. read above, orders have been issued formulating a scheme for providing financial aid towards surgeries to be performed to the children suffering from heart diseases.† The private hospitals participating in this programme have agreed to admit the patients on a reference from cardiac cell constituted in Government Teaching Hospitals and give required medical care and perform surgery and then prefer the claim to the Director of Medical Education for payment, as per the package rates at the rate of 20% less than the rates of Nizamís Institute of Medical Sciences for similar surgeries. In the meeting held by Government with the managements of Private hospitals on 21-9-2004, they have requested for early payment for the cost they incur on surgeries done to children as per Government instructions to facilitate more surgeries to be conducted. With a view to scrutinise the claim and ensure speedy payment to the private hospitals and Nizamís Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Government have decided to constitute a Committee for this purpose.
2.†††† Accordingly, Government hereby constitute a committee with the following members to scrutinise the bills of the private hospitals and Nizamís Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, as per package rates i.e. 20% less than N.I.M.S. rates, approve and recommend to the Director of Medical Education, Hyderabad for payment towards cost of expenditure incurred on surgeries done to the children suffering with heart diseases:-
1. The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad†††††††† ††††††† ††††††† - Chairman
2. The Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††† ††††† - Member
3. The Commissioner, A.P.Vaidya Vidhana Parished, Hyderabad†††††† ††† - Member
4. Head of the Dept. of Cardiology, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad †††††††† - Member.
5. Head of the Dept. of Cardiology, Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad†† †††††††† - Member.
1) The above committee shall meet as frequently as necessary to ensure that bills are paid with in a maximum period of 15 days from their submission to Director of Medical Education.
2) The committee shall verify the appropriateness of the cost of items of expenditure, and of the medical and surgical procedures included in the bills. When costs incurred are commensurate with the surgeries, the committee will recommend as per package rates for payment.
3) The committee shall also review the progress of the implementation of the scheme once in a month and submit a report to Government through the Director of Medical Education, Hyderabad.
4) The committee may make appropriate recommendations to the Government on child cardiac surgeries, based on the experience of cases considered by it.
3.†††† On receipt of recommendations of the Committee approving the bills, the Director of Medical Education shall take necessary action for payment, with in one week.
4.†††† In respect of surgeries performed in Government teaching hospitals, the concerned hospital should submit a report containing the cost of surgery with discharge summery case wise to the Director of Medical Education, who shall release the amount from the funds kept in P.D. Account for this scheme, at the rate of the cost of such surgery when performed in Government teaching hospitals and these rates will be communicated separately.
5.†††† This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No. 4102/PFS/2004, dated.29-9-2004.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad
The Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad.
The Director, Nizamís Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
The Head of Departments of Cardiology OMC/GMC, Hyderabad.
All the Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals
The Revenue (D.A.)Department
The Commissioner of† Information and Public Relation, A.C Guards, A.P. Hyderabad
The Finance Deptt.,
Special Secretary to C.M.
P.S. to Minister. (Fin)
P.S. to Chief Secretary to Government
P.S. to Prl. Secretary /Secretary /E.x. Officio Secretary to Govt. (HM&FW)
P.S. to Secretary to Govt (I.F), Finance.
P.S. to Principal Secretary to Govt, Revenue Department.
// FORWARDED :: BY† ORDER //