Read the following:
1) G.O.Rt.No.904, HM&FW (B1) Dept., dt.14-07-2000.
2) D.O.Lr.No.66/Secy (P)/2000, from Sri D.Chakrapani, IAS., Prl. Secy., to Govt., (Projects) I&CAD Dept., dt.01-08-2000.
3) Govt.Memo.no.27097/B1/2000-1, HM&FW (B1) Dept., dt.18-9-2000.
4) From the D.H., A.P., Hyd Lr.Rc.No.15406/E1211C/2000, dt.30-9-2000.
5) G.O.Rt.No.1331, HM&FW (B1) Dept., dt.31-10-2000.
6) Explanation of Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former DM&HO, R.R Dist., dt.2-12-2000.
7) D.O.Lr.No.27097/B1/2000-3, HM&FW (B1) Dept., dt.14-2-2001.
8) D.O.Lr.No.15406/E211C/2000, from the D.H., A.P., Hyd., dt.27-2-2001.
9) Govt.Memo.No.27099/B1/2000-5, dt.5-5-2001.
10) Govt.Memo.No.27099/B1/2000-6, dt.24-11-2001.
11) From the D.H., A.P., Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.15406/E2.C/2000, dt12-6-2002.
12) Govt.Lr.No.27097/VC.II(2)/2000-3, dt.26-11-2002.
13) From the Secretary APPSC., Hyd., Lr.No.1751/RI.I/2/2002, dt.02-01-2003
* * *
O R D E R :
In Government Order 1st read above, Sri D.Chakrapani I.A.S., Secretary to Government, I. & C.A.D. Department, has been appointed as Enquiry Officer to conduct preliminary enquiry into the issue relating to occurrence of Gastro Enteritis in Shabad and Charlagudem Primary Health Center Ranga Reddy District, and to furnish a report as to whether there was adequate quantity of medicine was available in the Primary Health Center and whether there was any negligence on the part of Medical Officers.
2 In the reference 2nd read above, the Enquiry Officer has submitted Enquiry report. The Enquiry Officer, has reported that, there is no dearth of medicines required for treatment of Gastro Enteritis at both Charlagudem, Primary Health Center and Shabad Civil Hospital for the months of June and July 2000 and adequate medicine was available for treatment of patients inspite of the fact that, the cases relating to Gastro Enteritis and correspondent deaths were being reported right from 23-6-2000, the District Medical and Health Officer has not visited Shabad till 12th July 2000. One would expect that with the incidents of death on account of Gastro Enteritis he would periodically inspect the places along with his team and take all remedial measures to contain the epidemic. This has not been done and the local officers have been asked to tackle the situation all by themselves. A very close and effective monitoring of the situation perhaps could have brought down the incidents of Gastro Enteritis in Shabad and nearby places.
3 After examining the Enquiry Officer’s report, disciplinary proceedings were initiated against Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, formerly District Medical and Health Officer Ranga Reddy District, vide reference 5th read above. The Individual has submitted his explanation vide reference 6th read above.
4 After examining the explanation of Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former District Medical &Health Officer, Ranga Reddy District, Government have appointed the Regional Director of Medical and Health Services, Hyderabad as enquiry officer under rule 9 of A.P.R.P. Rules 1980 and Rule 20(2) of the A.P. Civil Services (CC&A) Rules 1991 to conduct regular enquiry into the charges framed against him. The enquiry officer has conducted detailed enquiry and submitted the enquiry report.
5. Government after examination of the enquiry report and relevant material and also in view of the fact that, Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former District Medical and Health Officer, Ranga Reddy District has retired from service took a provisional decision to impose a punishment of 1% cut in pension permanently on Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, Former District Medical and Health Officer Ranga Reddy District. Accordingly, Show Cause Notice was issued to Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former District Medical and Health Officer, Ranga Reddy District, vide reference 10th read above duly enclosing a copy of the enquiry officer’s report and indicating therein the provisional decision taken by the Government, calling for his explanation. The Director of Health has forwarded the explanation of Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao vide reference 11th read above Government, have examined the explanation of Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao and found it not convincing and it has been decided to confirm its provisional decision of imposing a punishment of 1% cut in pension on Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former District Medical and Health Officer Ranga Reddy District. The Secretary A.P. Public Service Commission who has been consulted vide reference 12th read above conveyed the concurrence of the Commission vide its letter 13th read above for the above provisional decision.
6 Government, therefore confirm its provisional decision and accordingly hereby impose a punishment of 1% cut in pension permanently on Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, former District Medical and Health Officer, Ranga Reddy District.
7. The Director of Health, Hyderabad shall take further action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Dr.P.Purnachandra Rao, Former District Medical &Health Officer, Ranga Reddy District,
through Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director Health, Hyderabad.
P.S. to Principal Secretary to Government, Health Medical &Family Welfare Department.
P.S. to Minister (H.M.&F.W.)
District Treasury Officer, Ranga Reddy District
The Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
/ / FORWARDED : : BY ORDER / /