GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A.P. Integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972 – Medical Treatment to State Government employees/Retired employees and their dependents– Recognition of Saumya Apollo Hospital, Saumya nagar at Tadepalli-522501, Near Vijayawada, as referral hospital for the specialised treatment to the state Government employees/retired employees and their dependents -Recognition Accorded – Orders – Issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.672 Dated the 14th November 2003
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.38, HM&FW (K1) Dept., dated. 23-01-1997.
2. G.O.Ms.No.175, HM&FW (K1) Dept., dated.29-5-1997.
3. From the Chairman and Managing Director, Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Tadepalli, Vijayawada, Lr.No.SAH/Recog.-1/01, dated: 5-3-2001 and dated.8-8-2001.
4. From the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad. Lr.No.8637/MAA/ 2001, dated.7-12-2001
5. Govt.Lr.No.6246/K1/2001-3, dated.23-11-2002.
6. From the Chairman and Managing Director, Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Tadepalli - 522501, Vijayawada, Lr.No.Nil, dated.29-11-2002 and reptn dt. 28-7-2003.
In the G.O. first read above, orders have been issued recognising certain private hospitals within and outside the State as referral hospitals for the treatment of the Government employees, Retired employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis. Subsequently, some more hospitals have also been recognised and included in the list of recognised hospitals as referral hospitals within the State.
2. In the representation third read above, the Chairman and Managing Director, Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Saumyanagar, Tadepalli - 522501, near Vijayawada has stated that their hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostics and staffed by a panel of distinguished doctors of repute drawn from all over the country. The hospital is in a position to cater to all the medical and surgical requirements of the people in the area The Managing Director has also stated that the following facilities are available in their hospital i.e. (i) MRI – 1.5 TESLA/30 MT (ii) Spiral CT Scanner, (iii) Ultrasound and Colour Doppler (iv) Angiography, interventional radiology (v) Digital X-ray, (vi) Mammography, (vii) Hematology/ Clinical Laboratory /Biochemistry/Pathology/ Microbiology. The Managing Director of the Hospital has stated that in addition to the above diagnostic facilities, the Speciallised services are available in the Saumya hospital.
3. The Chairman and Managing Director of the Hospital has therefore requested the Government to recognise Saumya Apollo Hospitals as a referral hospital for treatment of State Government employees / Retired employees and their dependents.
4. The matter has been referred to the Director of Medical Education A.P. Hyderabad. The Inspection team of Government General Hospital, Vijayawada has inspected the Soumya Apollo Hospital, Soumya Nagar, Tadepalli on 25-9-2001 and stated that this Hospital has the following departments with qualified persons for attending the patients.
(i)ANAESTHESIOLOGY,(ii)CARDIOLOGY (iii)CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY, (iv)EAR NOSE THROAT (ENT) (v)EMERGENCY MEDICINE, (vi)GENERAL MEDICINE (vii)GENERAL SURGERY, (viii)NEPHROLOGY, (ix)NEURO SURGERY, (x)NUCLEAR MEDICINE. (xi)OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY, (xii)ORTHOPAEDICS (xiii)PAEDIATRICS, PATHOLOGY, (xiv)PLASTIC SURGERY, (xv)PULMONOLOGY (xvi)RADIOLOGY, (xvii)SURGICAL GASTROENTERLOGY, (xviii)SURGICAL ONCOLOGY (xix)UROLOGY (xx)PHYSIOTHERAPY UNIT and (xxi) DIALYSIS UNIT.
5. The Inspection team has also stated that the Hospital is having the equipments necessary for the use of patients in the above departments.
6. The Inspection team has reported that the following facilities are available in the said hospital:-
· ICU Equipment (ECG monitor, Ventillator, Defibrillator)
· Lab equipment
· Physiotherapy equipment
· Emergency equipment
· Neonatal ICU equipment
· Dialysis equipment PFT lab equipment
· Labour ward equipment
· Blood bank equipment
· Endoscope department equipment (Cath lab, Heart lung machine, TMT, Echo Doppler)
7. In the letter fourth read above, the Director of Medical Education, Hyderabad has forwarded the inspection report. The Director of Medical Education has recommended that Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Tadepalli, near Vijayawada may be recognised as referral Hospital for the treatment of the State Government employees both inservice and retired and their dependents for reimbursement purpose.
8. In the letter fifth read above, the Chairman and Managing Director, Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Tadepalli, Vijayawada has been informed that Government have proposed certain conditions and he was requested to obtain the consent from the Management of the hospital for the following conditions for according recognition:-
a) The recognised hospital should charge 10% less than NIMS rates
b) To give 5% free treatment including in-patient treatment for white cardholders.
c) To adopt two Primary Health Centres in rural areas for delivery of quality and better health services to rural people
9. In the representation sixth read above, the Chairman and Managing Director Saumya Apollo Hospital, Tadepalli, has accepted the above three conditions and he has requested the Government to grant recognition for their hospital for the treatment of State Government employees and their dependents.
10. Government after careful consideration of the matter and in terms of Rule 7 of Andhra Pradesh Integrated Medical Attendance Rules,1972, hereby accord recognition to the Saumya Apollo Hospitals, Saumyanagar, Tadepalli, 522501, as a referral Hospital for the specilised treatments to the State Government employees, their dependents and retired State Government employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis and also for those specialised treatments which are not available in Government Teaching Hospitals/NIMS, Hyderabad / SVIMS Tirupati, subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The above Private Hospital will be referral hospital for emergency cases of Acute Myocardial Infracture; Acute Coronary Disease; Acute Renal Failure; Severe cases of Head and spinal injury and cases of Coma;
(ii) Referral of patients to the above private hospital should be from the Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medial Sciences, Tirupathi and other Government Teaching hospitals in the State;
(iii) The NIMS Hyderabad /SVIMS Tirupati and Government Teaching Hospitals shall ensure that facilities available in their hospitals are fully utilised in the first instance., before referring the patients to the above private hospital for treatment.
(iv) The Hospital concerned should charge 10% less than the NIMS rates or as may be prescribed by Hospital Development Societies constituted in G.O.Ms.No.90, HM&FW (M1) Dept, dt.17-4-2003, in case where speciality is not available in NIMS, from the Government employees and their dependents. The Hospital should issue a certificate to the concerned employee/retired employee to the effect that the charges collected are 10% less than the existing NIMS rates for the said treatment or as per rates prescribed by Committee referred to above.
v) The Hospital should give free treatment for outpatient and in-patient services including diagnostic and clinical services to the white card holders of the State of Andhra Pradesh or persons below poverty line (BPL) to a minimum of 5% of bed strength or 5% of the patients treated in the hospital in the previous year. This should be properly documented in a Register by the said hospital and the said Register will be subject to verification by the officer of O/o Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad periodically. The below poverty line (BPL) patients will be referred by the District Referral Committee headed by the District Collector concerned or PO, ITDA or Superintendents of Govt. Hospitals or by Govt. in Health Medical and Family Welfare Department.
vi) The Hospital should adopt two Primary Health Centres (PHCs) in rural areas for delivery of better health services to rural people. The Director of Medical Education will identify the two PHCs., for this purpose in consultation with hospital concerned.
vii) The Hospitals should give free medical treatment to students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Schools, Tribal Welfare Residential Schools/B.C Welfare Residential Schools whenever referred by the Principal of the Residential Schools, Government Medical Officer, District Referral Committee, District Social Welfare Officer or PO, ITDA or any authorised official to be notified by Government in HM&FW Department from time to time.
viii) The Hospital shall furnish a monthly return of BPL cases in Annexure-I enclosed to this G.O. to the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
ix) A 20% cut shall be imposed on the gross admissible amount within the ceiling limit as certified by the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad on the cases where the patient admitted in the above private hospital under emergency condition without referral letter from NIMS / SVIMS / any Government Teaching Hospitals.
x) The recognition accorded to the Private hospital is valid for a period of three years from the date of issue of this order and they should seek renewal from Government within three months before the expiry of the said period.
(xi) The Hospital will be inspected each quarter by a team of doctors to satisfy themselves about complying with the conditions mentioned above and the facilities available.
11 The permission accorded in para (10) above is liable for cancellation whenever the State Government forms the opinion that the said Private Hospital is not providing treatment to the State Government employees/retired employees and their dependents as stipulated above and violates the above conditions mentioned therein, after giving (15) days notice to the Hospital and pass appropriate orders, after considering the representation, if any, offered against the said notice.
12. The Director of Medical Education, AP, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
13. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No.26647/819/A2/Exp.HM&FW-I/2003, dated 11-11-2003
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
S. BHALE RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Chairman and Managing Director, Saumya Apollo Hospital Saumyanagar, Tadepalli, 522501, near Vijayawada,
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
All Heads of the Departments under the control of HM&FW Dept.
All Departments of Secretariat.
All Heads of the Departments.
The Commissioner of Social Welfare, A.P. Hyderabad./The Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals in the State
All District Coordinators of Hospital Services in the State
All District Medical and Health Officers in the State.
All District Social Welfare Officers in the State.
All District Referral Committee in the O/o Dist. Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Police in the State.
All Commissioners of Police in the State.
The Registrar..High Court of Andhra Pradesh ,Hyderabad.
The Registrar, A.P.Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P., Public Service Commission, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P., Social Welfare Residential School Society, Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, (A&E), A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Commissioner, Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchases (Printing Wing) Government Press, Chanchelguda, Hyderabad (with a request to publish and furnish 1000 printed copies of the G.O. to the Government and 1000 copies to the DME., AP, Hyderabad)
The Civil Surgeon Specialist Civil Dispensary, A.P, Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The Finance (EBS.VIII) Department.
The General Administration (SW/SC-X / Poll-C) Department.
The General Administration (Coordination) Department.
The HM & FW (OP) Department
The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department.
The President, A.P. Secretariat Association Secretariat Buildings, Hyderabad
The President, A.P.N.G.O., Association 5-9-1112, Chaitanya Gun Foundry, Hyderabad.
The President, A.P.S.G.R.E.A., Badi Chowdi, Sultan Bazar, Hyderabad
The President, A.P.T.N.G.Os. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
J.S. to C.M.
P.S. to M (HM&FW)
P.S to M (Finance)
P.S. to C.S. to Government.
P.S. to Prl. Secretary to Govt., HM&FW Department
P.S. to E.O. Secretary Govt., HM&FW Department
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
Note: This G.O. is available in the Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in.
Age and address
Institutions/ officer who has referred.
Particulars of reference
Disease of Health problem
Appropriate value of treatment.