Medical Attendance – Sanction of Medical reimbursement to Government employees, retired employees and their dependents upto third spell – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.223, HM&FW (K1) Dept, dt.23-4-1994.
2. From the Vice President, State Govt. Pensioner’s Assn., 151, Sripuram Colony, Hyd- 500 036. repn. dt.24-12-2002.
3. Govt.Memo.No.28003/K1/02-1, dt. 22-1-03.
4. From the DME, A.P., Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.2438/MAA/03, dt.31-3-03.
O R D E R:
In the G.O. first read above, orders were issued that the Government officials shall be allowed reimbursement or advance as the case may be according to rules for the second and subsequent operations even including the operations for the same ailments.
2. In their representation, second read above, the Vice-President, State Govt. Pensioners Association, Hyderabad has represented that orders were issued allowing reimbursement for second spell for the same ailment in G.O.Ms.No.223 H.M.&F.W.(K1) Department, dated 23.4.1994 and the same facilities are not extended to retired Govt. employees. He has requested the Govt. to include the retired government officials also to enable them to get reimbursement for the second and subsequent treatments.
3. The matter has been referred to the Director of Medical Education for report.
In the letter fourth read above, the Director of Medical Education has stated that the Government may issue an amendment to G.O.Ms.No.223, H.M.&F.W.(K1) Department, dated 23.4.1994 to insert the words “retired Government officials”.
4. Government have examined the matter and observe that as per G.O.Ms.No.223, H.M.&F.W.(K1) Department dt.23.4.1994, reimbursement of expenditure is being allowed for two spells only for the same ailment and claim for the 3rd spell for the same disease is not being allowed, when treatment was obtained in private hospitals recognised by Government. The Director of Medical Education, Hyderabad while scrutinising the bills in such cases stated that the relaxation of rules is required for payment for the 3rd spell. Many cases are coming from other departments to Government for relaxation of rules for sanction of claim for the 3rd spell.
5. Government after careful examination of the mater and in partial modification of the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.223, H.M.&F.W.(K1) Department, dated 23.4.1994 hereby direct that “retired State Govt. employees” and their dependents shall also be eligible for the reimbursement of expenditure for the second spell and third spell during their life time for the treatment obtained in the recognised private hospitals for the same ailment, subject to other conditions specified on the subject from time to time. Government also direct that medical reimbursement for the third spell treatment /operations including for the same ailment be allowed, to State Government Employees, retired employees and their dependents, subject to fulfilling other conditions.
6. The Director of Medical Education shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance Department vide their U.O.No.24385/736/A2/Exp.HM&FW-I/2003, dated 30-9-2003.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad,
All H.O.Ds under the control of HM&FW Department.
All Heads of the Departments.
The Director, Nizam’ s Institute of Medical Sciences, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi.
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director General, Medical & Health Services and Commissioner, A.P. VidyaVidhana Parishad, A.P. Hyderabad.
All Departments of Secretariat.
All District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals in the State.
All District Coordinators of Hospital Services in the State.
All District Medical and Health Officers in the State.
All District Referral Committee in the O/o District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Police in the State.
All Commissioners of police in the State.
The Registrar, High Court of A.P. Hyderabad.
The Registrar, A.P. Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P. Public Service Commission, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P. Social Welfare Residential School Society, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, (A&E), A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P. Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Commissioner, Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchases (Printing Wing) Government Press, Chanchalguda, Hyderabad (with a request to publish and furnish 1000 printed copies of the G.O. to the Government and 1000 copies to the DME, A.P. Hyd.)
The Civil Surgeon Specialist Civil Dispensary, A.P. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The Finance (Exp.-HM&FW-I) Department.
The General Administration (SW/SC-X/Poll-C) Department.
The General Administration (Coordination) Department.
The HM&FW (OP) Department.
The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department.
The President, A.P. Secretariat, Association Secretariat Buildings, Hyderabad.
The President, APNGO, Association, 5-9-1112, Chaitanya Gun Foundry, Hyderabad.
The Vice President, State Government Pensioners’ Association, 151, Sripuram Colony, Hyderabad-500 036.
The President, APTNGO’s, Secretariat, Hyderabad.
J.S. to C.M. / P.S. to M (HM&FW) / P.S. to M (Finance).
P.S. to C.S. to Government.
P.S. to Prl. Secretary/E.O. Secy. to Govt ., HM&FW Department.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //