GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A.P. Integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972 – Medical Treatment to State Government Employees / Retired Employees and their dependents – Recognition of SMILINE Dental Hospital, Ameerpet, Hyderabad as referral hospital for the specialised treatment for Dental diseases to the State Government Employees / Retired Employees and their dependents – Recognition Accorded – Orders – Issued.
the 18th August , 2003
Read the following:
1) G.O.Ms.No.38, HM&FW (K1) Dept, dt.23-01-96.
2) G.O.Ms.No.175, HM&FW (K1) Dept, dt.29-5-97.
From the Dental Surgeon, SMILINE Dental Hospital, Ameerpet, Hyderabad
Repn. Dated. Nil.
4) From the DME, A.P. Hyd. Lr.No.978/MAA/2002, dated. 31-1-2003.
5) Govt.Lr.No.3624/K1/2003-1, dt.13-6-2003.
6) From Dr.N.B.Rama Krishna, Dental Surgeon – Orthodontist Chairman and Managing Director, SMILINE Dental Hospital, 8-3-949/3, beside Gold Spot Building, Ameerpet, Hyderabad Lr.dt.18-6-2003.
O R D E R:
In the G.O. first read above, orders have been issued recognising certain private hospitals within and outside the State as referral hospitals for the treatment of the Government employees, retired employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis. Subsequently, some more hospitals have also been included in the list of recognised hospitals as referral hospitals within the State.
2. In the reference third read above, the Dental Surgeon of SMILINE Dental Hospital Ameerpet, Hyderabad has stated that SMILINE Dental Hospitals are advanced centres for dental rehabilitation managed in the field. It is one of the biggest dental hospitals in the Twin Cities, with a branch located in Jubilee Hills. The latest equipment in this field is available with them. The hospital has 10 full fledged dental operators for out patient treatments, diagnostic services required for dental treatment procedures (intra oral camera, RVG, OPG, test for all routine blood and urine examination) Dental Laboratory (Prosthetic and Orthodontic) Inpatient and operation theatre facilities, Ambulance and Pharmacy Services.
3. The Managing Director of the SMILINE Dental Hospital has also stated that wide range of services are provided by the Hospital which includes straightening of malpositioned teeth and Jaws with various orthodontic and orthopaedic appliances; early detection, diagnosis and treatment of precancerous lessions, soft tissue lessions of oral cavity; various treatments for saving the decayed teeth with out extraction them like root canal treatment, Cement, Silver and composite fillings; prevention and treatment of gum disease like bad breath, bleeding gums, pyorrhoea treatment and prevention of various child dental problems; replace of lost teeth and oral structures with removable and fixed partial or complete dentures, obturators and implant dentures; surgical correction of various minor and major dental oral and Maxillo facial traumas and development deformities.
4. The Chairman and Managing Director, Smiline Dental Hospital has requested the Government to recognise their hospital for the treatment of Dental problems of in-service and retired State Government employees and their dependents with reimbursement facility.
5. The matter has been referred to the Director of Medical Education for report.
6. In the letter fourth read above, the Director of Medical Education has furnished Inspection Committee report forwarded by the Principal, Government Dental College and Hospital, Afzalgunj, Hyderabad in respect of SMILINE Dental Hospital, Ameerpet, Hyderabad. Based on the Inspection Committee Report, the Director of Medical Education has recommended the SMILINE Dental Hospital, Hyderabad for recognition as a referral hospital for the treatment to the State Government employees both in-service / retired and their dependents for reimbursement purpose.
7. In the letter fifth read above, the Dental Surgeon, SMILINE Dental Hospital, Ameerpet, Hyderabad has been informed that Government proposed the following conditions for according recognition of their hospital:-
a) The recognised hospital should charge 10 % less than NIMS rates.
b) To give 5% free treatment including in-patient treatment for white card holders.
c) To adopt two primary health centres in rural areas for delivery of quality and better health services to rural people.
d) Free Medical treatment to students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Schools when referred by officials.
e) To furnish half yearly return as per Annexure appended to this order to the Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
8. In the representation sixth read above, the Chairman and Managing Director, SMILINE Dental Hospital Private Limited, Hyderabad has accepted the conditions stipulated above to give 5 % free treatment to white card holders, to charge 10 % less than NIMS rates and to adopt two Primary Health Centres in Rural areas to give better health services and conveyed his willingness to abide for the above provisions /conditions laid down by the State Government to recognise SMILINE Dental Hospital as referral hospital for specialised Dental treatments.
9. Government after careful consideration of the matter and in terms of Rule 7 of Andhra Pradesh Integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972, hereby accord recognition to SMILINE Dental Hospital Private Limited, 8-3-949/3, beside Gold Spot Buildings, Ameerpet, Hyderabad as a referral hospital for the specialised treatments to dental diseases to the State Government employees, their dependents and retired State Government employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis, subject to the following conditions:-
i) The above mentioned Private Hospital will be referral hospital for emergency cases of dental diseases.
ii) Referral of patients to the above private hospital should be from the Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi and other Government Teaching Hospitals in the State.
iii) The NIMS/SVIMS, Government Teaching Hospitals shall ensure that facilities available in their hospitals are fully utilised in the first instance., before referring the patients to the above private hospital.
iv) The Hospital concerned should charge 10 % less than the NIMS rates or as may be prescribed by the Committee constituted in G.O.Rt.No.90, HM&FW (G1) Dept, dt.29-01-2003 or Hospital Development Societies constituted in G.O.Ms.No.90, HM&FW (M1) Dept, dt.17-4-2003, in case where speciality is not available in NIMS, from the Government employees and their dependents, retired State Government employees and their dependents. The Hospital should issue a certificate to the concerned employee/ retired employee to the effect that the charges collected are 10% less than the existing NIMS rates for the said treatment or as per rates prescribed by Committee referred to above.
v) The Hospital should give free treatment for outpatient and in-patient services including diagnostic and clinical services to the white card holders of the State of Andhra Pradesh or persons below poverty line to a minimum of 5 % of bed strength or 5 % of the patients treated in the hospital in the previous year. This should be properly documented in a Register by the said hospital and the said Register will be subject to verification by the officer of O/o Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad periodically. The below poverty line patients will be referred by the District Referral Committee headed by the District Collector concerned or Superintendents of Government Hospitals or P.O., ITDA or by Government in Health Medical and Family Welfare Department.
vi) The Hospital should adopt two Primary Health Centres (PHCs) in rural areas for delivery of better health services to rural people. The Director of Medical Education will identify the two PHCs., for this purpose in consultation with hospital concerned.
vii) The Hospitals should give free medical treatment to students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Schools/ Tribal Welfare Res. Schools/B.C. Welfare Res. Schools whenever referred by the Principal of the Residential School, Government Medical Officer, District Referral Committee, District Social Welfare Officer or PO, ITDA or any authorised official to be notified by Government in HM& FW Deptt. from time to time.
viii) The Hospital shall be recognised for such specialised treatment/ services for Dental diseases only and not for other services.
ix) The Hospital shall furnish a half yearly return in Annexure-I enclosed to this G.O. to the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
x) A 20% cut shall be imposed on the gross admissible amount within the ceiling limit as certified by the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad on the cases where the patient is admitted in the above private hospital under emergency condition without referral letter from NIMS/SVIMS/ any Government Teaching Hospital.
xi) The Dental diseases which are not eligible for reimbursement and the dental diseases which are eligible for reimbursement will be issued separately.
xii) The recognition now accorded will be valid for a period of 3 years only & the Hospital should seek renewal within 3 months before expiry of the period.
10. The permission accorded in para (9) above is liable for cancellation and such other action as deemed fit, whenever the State Government forms the opinion that the said Private Hospital is not providing treatment to the State Government employees/ retired employees and their dependents as stipulated above and violates the above conditions mentioned therein, after giving (15) days notice to the hospital and pass appropriate orders, after considering the representation, if any, offered by the said Hospital.
11. The Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad, shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.
12. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O. No.21057/643/A2/Expr. HM&FW –I/2003, dated 16-08-2003.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Chairman & Managing Director, SMILINE Dental Hospital, Private Limited, 8-3-949/3, Beside Gold Spot Building, Ameerpet, Hyderabad- 73.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad
The Director, Nizam’ s Institute of Medical Sciences, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director General, Medical & Health Services and Commissioner, A.P. Vidya Vidhana Parishad, A.P. Hyderabad.
All Heads of the Departments under the control of HM&FW Department.
All Departments of Secretariat
All Heads of the Departments.
All District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals in the State.
All District Coordinators of Hospital Services in the State.
All District Medical and Health Officers in the State.
All District Referral Committee in the O/o District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Police in the State.
All Commissioners of police in the State.
Copy to: The Registrar, High Court of A.P. Hyderabad.
The Registrar, A.P. Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P. Public Service Commission, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P. Social Welfare Residential School Society, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, (A&E), A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P. Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Commissioner, Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchases (Printing Wing) Government Press, Chanchalguda, Hyderabad (with a request to publish and furnish 1000 printed copies of the G.O. to the Government and 1000 copies to the DME, A.P. Hyderabad)
The Civil Surgeon Specialist Civil Dispensary, A.P. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The Finance (EBS.VIII) Department.
The General Administration (SW/SC-X/Poll-C) Department.
The General Administration (Coordination) Department.
The HM&FW (OP) Department
The Commissioner, Information & Public Relations Department
The President, A.P. Secretariat, Association Secretariat Buildings, Hyderabad.
The President, APNGO, Association.., 5-9-1112, Chaitanya Gun Foundry, Hyderabad.
The President, APTNGO’s Secretariat, Hyderabad.
J.S. to C.M.
P.S. to M (HM&FW) / P.S. to M (Finance)
P.S. to C.S. to Government
P.S. to Prl. Secretary/E.O. to Govt. HM&FW Department.
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
Age and address
Institution / Officer who has referred
Particulars of reference
Disease or Health Problem
Approximate value of treatment