G.O.Ms.No.378 Dated the 15th July, 2003.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms. No.38, HM&FW (K1) Dept., dated. 23-01-96.
2. G.O.Ms.No.175, HM&FW (K1)Dept., dated.29-5-97.
3. From the Managing Director, F.M.S. Dental Hospital, Koti, Hyderabad., Reptn dt 25.4.2002 and 1.11.2002.
4. From the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyd. lr.No.36149/MAA/99, dt.3.4.03
5. Govt.letter.No.16072/K1/2002-3, dated.7.6.2003.
6. From the Managing Director, F.M.S. Dental Hospital, Koti, Hyderabad letter. dated.9-6-2003.
In the G.O. first read above, orders have been issued recognising certain private hospitals within and outside the State as referral hospitals for the treatment of the Government employees, Retired employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis. Subsequently, some more hospitals have also been included in the list of recognised hospitals as referral hospitals within the State.
2. In the reference third read above, the Managing Director, F.M.S Hospital, Koti, Hyderabad has stated that their hospital is one of the premier Dental Hospital having all the facilities like 30 bedded in-patient facility, 24 hours emergency trauma care, full fledged operation theatre and state of art in Prosthetic Laboratory and RVG, OPG’s etc., with Post Graduates from all the specialties of dentistry working under one-roof.
3. The Managing Director, FMS Dental Hospital, Hyderabad has, therefore, requested the Government to consider FMS Dental Hospital as a referral hospital for the employees of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
4. The matter has been referred to the Director of Medical Education, AP Hyderabad for report. The Director of Medical Education has in turn referred to the Government Dental College and Hospital, Hyderabad for Inspection of FMS Dental Hospital. The Inspection Committee in the report dated23.8.99 the Inspection Committee has recommended to the Government to consider F.M.S. Dental Hospital for specialist Dental services.
5. In the letter fourth read above, the Director of Medical Education has forwarded the above Inspection report and has stated that the FMS Dental Hospital, Hyderabad may be recognised as referral hospital for the treatment to the State Government Employees both in-service and retired and their dependents for reimbursement purpose.
6. In the letter fifth read above, the Managing Director, F.M.S. Dental Hospital, Koti, Hyderabad has been informed that Government proposed the following conditions for according recognition of their Hospital:-
a) The recognised hospital should charge 10% less than NIMS rates
b) to give 5% free treatment including in-patient treatment for white card holders.
c) to adopt two Primary Health Centers in rural areas for delivery of quality and better health services to rural people
d) Free medical treatment to students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Schools when referred by officials.
e) To furnish half yearly return as per Annexure.
7. In the representation sixth read above, the Managing Director F.M.S. Dental Hospital, Koti, Hyderabad has accepted and conveyed his willingness to abide the above provisions /conditions laid down by the State Government to recognise FMS Dental Hospital as referral hospital for specialized Dental treatment.
8. Government after careful consideration of the matter and in terms of Rule 7 of Andhra Pradesh Integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972, hereby accord recognition to F.M.S. Dental Hospital, Ayangar Plaza, Bank Street, Koti, Hyderabad as a referral Hospital for the specialised Dental treatments only to the State Government employees, their dependents and retired State Government employees and their dependents on reimbursement basis subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The above mentioned Private Hospital will be referral hospital for emergency cases of Dental diseases;
(ii) Referral of patients to the above private hospital should be from the Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medial Sciences, Tirupati and other Government Teaching hospitals in the State;
(iii) The NIMS/SVIMS, Government Teaching Hospitals shall ensure that facilities available in their hospitals are fully utilised in the first instance, before referring the patients to the above private hospital.
iv) The Hospital concerned should charge10% less than the NIMS rates or as may be prescribed by the Committee constituted in G.O.Rt.No.90, HM&FW(G1)Dept, dt.29-01-03 or Hospital Development Societies constituted in G.O.Ms.No.90, HM&FW(M1)Dept, dt.17-4-03 from the Government employees and their dependents in case where speciality is not available in NIMS. The Hospital should issue a certificate to the concerned employee / retired employee to the effect that the charges collected are 10% less than the existing NIMS rates for the said treatment or as per rates prescribed by Committee referred to above.
v) The Hospital should give free treatment for outpatient and in-patient services including diagnostic and clinical services to the white card holders of the State of Andhra Pradesh or persons below poverty line to a minimum of 5% of bed strength or 5% of the patients treated in the hospital in the previous year. This should be properly documented in a Register by the said hospital and the said Register will be subject to verification by the officer of O/o Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad periodically. The below poverty line patients will be referred by the District Referral Committee headed by the District Collector concerned or Superintendents of Government Hospitals or by Government in Health Medical and Family Welfare Department.
vi) The Hospital should adopt two Primary Health Centres (PHCs) in rural areas for delivery of better health services to rural people. The Director of Medical Education will identify the two PHCs., for this purpose in consultation with hospital concerned.
vii) The Hospitals should give free medical treatment to students of Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential School, whenever referred by the Principal of the Residential Schools, Government Medical Officer, District Referral Committee, District Social Welfare Officer or any authorised official to be notified by Government from time to time.
viii) The Hospital shall be recognised for such specialised treatment / services for Dental diseases only and not for other services.
ix) The Hospital shall furnish a half yearly return in Annexure-I enclosed to this G.O. to the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad.
x) A 20% cut shall be imposed on the gross admissible amount within the ceiling limit as certified by the Director of Medical Education, A.P. Hyderabad on the cases where the patient admitted in the above private hospital under emergency condition without referral letter from NIMS/SVIMS/ any Government Teaching Hospitals.
xi) The Dental diseases which are not eligible for reimbursement and the dental diseases which are eligible for reimbursement will be issued separately.
9. The permission accorded in para (8) above is liable for cancellation and such other action as deemed fit, whenever the State Government forms the opinion that the said Private Hospital is not providing treatment to the State Government employees/retired employees and their dependents as stipulated above and violates the above conditions mentioned therein, after giving (15) days notice to the Hospital and pass appropriate orders, after considering the representation, if any, offered by the said Hospital .
10. The Director of Medical Education, AP, Hyderabad, shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly
11. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.16578 / 510 / A2 / EBS.VIII / 2003,dated.8.7.2003.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director General, Medical & Health Services and Commissioner,A.P Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, A.P., Hyderabad
All Heads of the Departments under the control of HM&FW Department,
All Departments of Secretariat.
All Heads of the Departments.
The Commission of Social Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
All District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Government Teaching Hospitals in the State.
All District Coordinators of Hospital Services in the State.
All District Medical and Health Officers in the State.
All District Social Welfare Officers in the State.
All District Referral Committee in the O/o District Collectors in the State.
All the Superintendents of Police in the State.
All Commissioners of Police in the State.
Copy to: The Registrar. High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Registrar, A.P., Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, A.P., Public Service Commission, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, Social Welfare Residential Schools Society, Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, (A&E), A.P. Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P. Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Commissioner, Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchases (Printing Wing) Government Press, Chanchelguda, Hyderabad (with a request to publish and furnish 1000 printed copies of the G.O. to the Government and 1000 copies to the DME., AP, Hyderabad)
The Civil Surgeon Specialist Civil Dispensary, A.P, Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The Finance (EBS.VIII) Department.
The General Administration (SW/SC-X / Poll-C) Department.
The General Administration (Coordination) Department.
The HM & FW (OP) Department
The Commissioner, Information &Public Relations Department.
The President, A.P. Secretariat Association Secretariat Buildings, Hyderabad
The President, A.P.N.G.O , Association .5-9-1112, Chaitanya Gun Foundry, Hyderabad.
The President, A.P.S.G.R.E.A., Badi Chowdi, Sultan Bazar, Hyderabad
The President, A.P.T.N.G.Os., Secretariat, Hyderabad.
J.S. to C.M.
P.S. to M (HM&FW)
P.S to M (Finance)
P.S. to C.S. to Government.
P.S. to Prl. Secretary to Govt., HM&FW Department
P.S. to E.O. Secretary Govt., HM&FW Department
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //
Age and address
Institution / Officer who has referred
Particulars of reference
Disease of Health Problem
Approximate value of treatment