GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -
G.O.Ms. No.207 Dated:09.06.2003
From the Commissioner of Family Welfare, Andhra Pradesh,
Hyderabad Letter Rc.No.7561/PNDT/2003 dated 6-5-2003.
O R D E R:
In the letter read above, the Commissioner of Family Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad has informed that the Pre-Natal Diagnostic techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994 and the Pre-Natal Diagnostic (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Rules, 1996 have been amended and are called Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Amended Act, 2002 and Pre-Natal Diagnostic techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Amended Rules, 2003 respectively and as per the amendment it is required to constitute State Supervisory Board. The Commissioner of Family Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad has therefore proposed to constitute the State Supervisory Board under the said Act.
2. Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Commissioner of Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad have decided that a State Supervisory Board be constituted and notification issued..
3. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in the extraordinary issue of Andhra Pradesh Gazette:-
N O T I F C A T I O N
In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (1) of Section 16 A of the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994 and as amended by the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 2002 (Central Act 14 of 2003), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby constitutes the State Supervisory Board for the whole of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
(1)Minister for of Health,
Medical and Family Welfare, A.P, Chairperson
(2)Secretary to Government of A.P. Vice-Chairperson
HM&FW Dept., dealing with (Ex-officio)
(3)Commissioner of Family Welfare &
Ex-Officio Secretary to Government,
HM&FW Dept., Hyderabad Member-Convenor
(4)Secretary to Government or Commissioner,
WDCW&DW Dept.(Ex-officio), Hyderabad
or their representatives Member
(5)Secretary to Government or Commissioner,
Social Welfare (Ex-Officio), Hyderabad
or their representative Member
(6) Secretary to Government,
Law Department Member
(7)Commissioner, Indian System of
Medicine and Homeopathy (Ex-Officio),
Hyderabad or their representative Member
(8) Smt. Ratakonda Sobha, MLA Member
(9) Dr. Saikalpana Devi, MLA Member
(10) Smt. K.Pushpaleela, MLA Member
(11) Prof. P.Sudhakar Reddy,
Department of Social Anthropology,
S.V. University, Tirupathi Member
(12) Sri Posani Venkateswarlu, Advocate
High Court of Andhra Pradesh,
(13) Smt.Nannapaneni Rajakumari,
former Minister, Guntur. Member
(14) Smt. Radharamanaiah, General
Secretary, Mahila Dakshata Samithi,
(15) Dr. G.Ramakrishna Raju,
Maharanipeta, Visakhapatnam. Member
(16) Prof. Hemalatha Rangachari,
President, FOGSI, Shroff Memorial
Hospital, Kachiguda, Hyderabad. Member
(17) Prof. A.Venkatesh, Duru Shevor
Hospital, Purani Haveli, Hyderabad. Member
(18) Dr. Ahulvalia, Mahavir Hospital,
(19) Dr. T.L.N.Praveen, Abhishek Scan
Centre, Begumpet, Hyderabad Member
(20) Prof. Venkataramanappa, SVIMs,
(21) Additional Director, M&HS
(Family Welfare) Ex-officio Member-Secretary
4. The State Supervisory Board shall have the following functions:-
(i) To create public awareness against the practice of pre-
conception sex selection and pre-natal determination of sex of the foetus leading to female foeticide in the State;
(ii) To review the activities of the Appropriate Authorities
functioning in the State and recommend appropriate action
(iii) to monitor the implementation of provisions of the Act
and Rules and make suitable recommendations relating
thereto, to the Board;
(iv) To send such consolidated report as may be prescribed in
respect of the various activities undertaken in the State
under the Act to the Board and the Central Government;
(v) Any other function as may be prescribed under the Actor by the
5. The Board shall meet at least once in four months. The term of office of a member other than an ex-officio shall be three years. If a vacancy occurs in the office of any member other than an ex-officio member it shall be filled by making fresh appointment. If a member of the Legislative Assembly or member of the Legislative Council who is a member of the State Board, becomes Minister or Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the Legislative Assembly or Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson of the Legislative council, he shall cease to be member of the State Board. One third of the total number of members of the State Board shall constitute the quorum. The State Board may co-opt a member as and when required, provided that the number of co-opted does not exceed one third of the total
strength of the State Board. The co-opted members shall have the same powers of functions as other members, except the right to vote and shall abide by the rules and regulations. In respect of matters not specified in this section, the State Board shall follow procedures and conditions as are applicable to the Board.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
The Commissioner, Printing Stationery
and Stores Purchase, A.P., Hyderabad.
All the Collectors & Dist. Magistrates.
All the District Medical &Health Officers.
Addl. DM&HO, City Family Bureau,
The Members concerned.
The WDCW&DW Dept.
The Law Department
The Social Welfare Department
The Director of Medical Education, AP, Hyderabad
The Commissioner, APVVP, Hyd.
The JS to Chief Minister.
The PS to Minister (HM&FW)
The PS to Principal Secretary to Government .(HM&FW)
The P.S. to Ex-Officio Secretary to Government (FW)
The JS to GOI, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare,
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi
The Commissioner Information and Public Relations, Hyderabad.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //