GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
* * * * *
O R D E R:
The status of Civil Registration of Births and Deaths in the State has been causing some concern to the Government. The Registrar General, India and the Director of Census Operations, Andhra Pradesh Cum-Joint Registrar General, India have been expressing concern on the poor-performance of the State in respect of Civil Registration of Births and Deaths.
2. One of the major reasons for the under-performance seems to be lack of proper reporting system rather than lack of registration itself. It is observed that although the registrations are taking place, the reports are not reaching Chief Registrar of Births and Deaths due to which the performance is not reflected in the monthly reports and other periodicals. It is therefore decided that the chain of reporting should be clearly established and dead lines fixed so that there will be no confusion in the minds of various Registration Authorities. Further, the State has a vast network of computers covering all the Mandal Revenue Offices, Municipalities, Municipal Corporations, Collectorates, with the District Collectorates linked to the State through the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (APSWAN) which is shortly going to be extended till the Mandal level. It is therefore felt that the data on Civil Registration of Births and Deaths should be computerized at the Mandal level and data transferred to the State Headquarters electronically.
3. In view of the position stated above the following instructions on the chain of reporting and computerisation shall be followed:
1. Chain of Reporting
(a) In respect of rural areas all the Panchayat Secretaries will submit the statistical part of monthly reports to the concerned Mandal Revenue Officer by 5th of next month.
(b) The Mandal Revenue Officer in turn will send an abstract compiled for all the villages in the entire Mandal to the District Revenue Officer (DRO) before 10th of every month. The MROs having dial up connectivity will transfer the data electronically and the remaining will send in a floppy to the District Revenue Officer (DRO).
(c) In respect of urban areas the Municipal Commissioner /Municipal Health Officer, Executive Officer, Secunderabad Cantonment Board and Incharge persons of Industrial / Project Township will send a consolidated report of the information of their respective jurisdictions in a floppy to the DRO of the concerned District by 10th of every month.
(d) The DROs will send the reports of rural areas and Municipalities through APSWAN to the Chief Registrar by 15th of every month.
(e) The Special Officer / Municipal Commissioners of Municipal Corporations will send the data directly to the Chief Registrar by 15th of every month through APSWAN.
(f) In effect all reports pertaining to the Civil Registration of Births and Deaths of a month should invariably be made available to the Chief Registrar by the 15th of next month.
1. The Project Director, C.M.R.O., Office of the Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, in consultation with the Andhra Pradesh Technology Services (APTS) shall prepare the required software and create a secure and password protected website for the Office of the Chief Registrar of Births and Deaths.
2. The computers available in the Mandal Revenue Offices, Municipalities, and Municipal Corporations shall be used for computerization of Births and Deaths by utilizing the existing manpower.
4. These Orders will come into force with immediate effect.
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All the District Collectors in the State
All the Chief Executive Officers of Zilla Parishads
The Director of Health, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Director, Women Development and Child Welfare, Hyderabad
The Commissioner Panchayat Raj Hyderabad
The Project Director, C.M.R.O., Office of the Chief Commissioner of Land Administration.
The Special Chief Secretary to the Government and Chief Commissioner of Land Administration.
The Principal Secretary, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Department.
The Principal Secretary, Municipal administration and Urban Development.
The Principal Secretary, Women Development and Child Welfare Department.
The Commissioner of Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India, New Delhi.
The Director of Census Operations, Andhra Pradesh-cum-Joint registrar General, India, Posnett Building, Ramkote, Hyderabad.
The P.S. to the Minister (H.M.& F.W)
The P.S. to Chief Secretary to Government
The P.S. to Principal Secretary
/ / FORWARDED :: BY ORDER / /