GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
ANDHRA PRADESH MEDICAL AND HEALTH SERVICES - Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan,
MedicalOfficer, formerly at Government Civil Hospital, Dharur, R.R. District -
Chargesframed into certain allegations of hand kerchief left in Abdomen after
surgeryin a private nursing home and doing private practice - disciplinary
action -further action dropped - Orders - Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE(V.C.II(1)) DEPARTMENT
Ref:- 1) From the D.H., Lr.Rc.No.13030/E2-II-C/98dt.8/5/98.
2) G.O.Rt.No.665 HM&FW (H2) Dept. dt.19/5/98.
3) Govt.Memo.No.13541/H2/98-1 HM&FW dt.1/6/98.
4) From the D.H., Rc.No.3047/E2-II-C/198 dt.10/7/98.
5) Explanation dt.26/11/98 submitted by Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, M.O.
6) From the D.H., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.13047/E2-II-C/98 dt.3/3/99.
7) G.O.Rt.No.181 HM&FW dt.7/2/2000.
8) From the D.H., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.13047/E2-II-C/98 dt. 3/3/2001.
9) Govt.Memo.No.3724/N1/2001-1 HM&FW dt.23/5/2001.
10) From the D.H., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.13047/E2-II-C/98 dt.27/9/2001.
11) From the D.H., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.13047/E2-II-C/98 dt.4/12/2001.
12) From the D.H., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.13047/E2-II-C/98 dt.18/4/2002.
Ithas been brought to the notice of the Govt. that Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, MedicalOfficer, Govt. Civil Hospital, Dharur, R.R. District has left the hand kerchiefin the abdomen of Smt. Manemma after doing surgery at Healing Touch Centre, Vikarabad.
2. InG.O. second read above, Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer, Govt. civilHospital, Dharur, R.R. District has been placed under suspension pendingenquiry into the above allegations. In the reference 4th read above,the Director of Health, Hyderabad has framed the following charges against Dr.Sadhu Satyanadnan, M.O:-
Chare No. I
That he is not maintaining his headquarters and doing private practice at Healing Touch Centre, Vikarabad which is against the existing rules.
That the Medical Officer has left the Hand Kerchief in the abdomen of the patient after performing surgery in Healing Touch Centre, , Vikarabad.
3. Throughthe reference 5th read above, Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer,has submitted his explanation to the above charges. Thereupon the Director ofHealth, Hyderabad has appointed the Addl. Director (Malaria) Office of Directorof Health, A.P. Hyderabad as Enquiry Officer to conduct enquiry into theallegations against Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer.
4. Inthe G.O. 7th read above, orders were issued reinstating Dr. SadhuSatyanadan, Medical Officer into service pending finalisation of disciplinaryaction against him.
5. TheDirector of Health, through his Letter 8th read above has forwardedthe enquiry report of the Addl. Director (Malaria) and has stated that heagreed with the findings of the enquiry officer since the enquiry reportsubstantiates the charges framed against Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer.
6. TheEnquiry Officer in his post script report has recorded the contention of Dr.Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer, that he did not conduct the operation onSmt. Manemma and one Dr. Srinivas Naik had conducted the operation and he onlyattended for post operative case. He has also suspected about claim of secondoperation that map was removed and was not sent for chemical analysis and themotive of Dr. (Smt.) Jayantika gnani in video graphing the operation . In viewof the above post script statement the Enquiry Officer has stated that hisconclusions already reached need not be changed except that then he expressedhis strong belief that Dr. P. Sadhu Satyanadan, did not conduct the operation.
7. Thereuponafter examination of the enquiry report, in the Govt.Memo.9th readabove a show, cause notice was issued calling the explanation of Dr. SadhuSatyanadan, Medical Officer, for imposing a suitable punishment for the chargessubstantiated in enquiry. The Director of Health, Hyderabad through his Letter10th and 11th read above, has forwarded the explanationof the Medical Officer, to the above show cause notice and has stated thatenquiry, report reveals that the operation was not conducted by Dr. SadhuSatyanadan, Medical Officer, and the supporting documents to the enquiry reportis also not against the Medical Officer, the Director of Health, has thereforerequested the Govt. to consider the explanation of the Medical Officer, in thelight of the enquiry report and that the Medical Officer, may be warned to becareful not to give such scope in future.
8. TheGovernment after careful examination of the matter, consider that as per thepost script dt.28/2/2001 of the Enquiry Officer, the Delinquent Officer did notconduct the operation and that for the charge of doing private practice, theDelinquent Officer has already been placed under suspension. Therefore theGovernment have decided to exonerate the Delinquent Officer of the charges by givinghim the benefit of doubt.
9. Accordinglythe Government here by order that the charges framed in the references 4thread above against Dr. Sadhu Satyanadan, Medical Officer, formerly at Govt.Hospital, Dharur, R.R. District be dropped. He is warned to be careful andconcientious in the discharge of his duties.
10. TheDirector of Health, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action in the matteraccordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THEGOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
M. CHAYA RATAN
PRINCIAPL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Health, Hyderabad.
Copy to: the individual
through Director of Health, Hyderabad.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //