APM&HS., - Allegations of Corruption against Dr. P. AswaniKumar, Assistant Professor of Orthopedics, formerly at OMC/OGH, Hyderabad –Disciplinary action initiated – Imposing of punishment of stoppage of two annualgrade increments with cumulative effect – Orders – Issued.
HEALTH,MEDICAL &FAMILY WELFARE(VC.I(2)) DEPT
Read the following:-
Fromthe DG., ACB., Hyd. Lr.Rc.NO.68/RC-CR/93, dated: 29.7.1993.
1. From the Supdt., Osmania General Hospital, Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.27/Peshi/OGH/93, dated:31.7.93.
2. Govt., Memo.No. 24142/Ac/93-4, dated: 29.9.93.
3. From the DG, ACB., Hyd.Lr.No.68/RC-CR/93, dt: 26.4.1994.
4. Govt., Memo.No.24142/A2/93-14, dated: 19.1.95.
5. From the Secy., TDP., Lr.No.516/96, dt: 29.8.96.
6. Govt.Memo.No.24142/A2/93-27, dt>13.10.97.
7. From the Secy. TDP., Lr.Rc.No.519/2000, dated: 4.7.2000.
8. Govt., Memo.No.24142/A2/93-32, dated: 27.10.2000.
9. Explanationof Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, dt.Nil.
10. Fromthe Director of Medical Education, AP., Hyd.Lr.Rc.No.10220/E2A/2000, 16.5.2001.
* * * *
It has been brought to the notice of the Government by its Investigating Agencyvide reference 1st read above that Dr. P. Aswani kumar, Assistant ProfessorOrthopedics formerly at Osmania General Hospital is indulged in Corrupt practices andcollecting bribe amounts from the handicapped persons through Sri Satyanarayana,Orthopedic Technician and Sri R. Krishna Kamati, of the Hospital.
2. Government after examination of the preliminary report and the report of theSupdt., OGH 2nd read above issued instructions to the DME to transfer Dr. P.Aswani Kumar, Assistant Professor, Orthopeadic and post him to far of place pendingenquiry, disciplinary action against him vide reference 3rd read above.
3. The Investigating Agency in its final report 4h read above, heldsubstantiated the allegations of corruption in issuance of physically handicappedcertificates against Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics. Governmentafter examination of the final report of its Investigating Agency, placed Dr. P. AswaniKumar, Asst. Professor of Orthopaedic on his defence before the Tribunal for DisciplinaryProceedings, vide Memo 5th read above.
4. The Secretary, Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings has submitted the report ofthe Tribunal with his letter 6th read above. Government after examination ofthe above said report, have remitted back the same to the Tribunal for DisciplinaryProceedings vide Memo 7th read above for further enquiry in view of thecomplaint filed by Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Assistant Professor against the then inchargeChairman of Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings. The Secretary, Tribunal forDisciplinary Proceedings with his letter 8th read above has furnished theenquiry report TEC No. 13/95. The Tribunal for disciplinary proceedings held that thecomplainant gave the application on 5.7.93 and Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Assistant Professorsigned the (Ex.P1) Xerox copy of Physically Handicapped Certificate on 6.7.1993 but hasput the date as if it is issued on 11.1.1993. It is also stated that the Xerox copy ofPhysical Handicapped Certificate contains two initials belonging to some other personshaving the date on 6.7.1993. The Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings in the reportstated that Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics has admitted hissignature on the Xerox copy of the Physically Handicapped Certificate and that thereforeit is not necessary to refer the signature to the Forensic Laboratory and held that Dr P.Aswani Kumar issued the Physically Handicapped Certificate on 6.7.1993 putting back dateto show that it was issued on 11.1.1993, on which date he was not at all on duty as perthe Duty Roster. The Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings also held that Dr. P. AswaniKumar is Competent to issue Physically Handicapped Certificates of Orthopaedic nature butin the administrative arrangements he was prohibited from issuance of such certificatesfrom 24.5.1993.
5. Government after careful examination of the Enquiry Report of the Tribunal forDisciplinary Proceedings have decided to take disciplinary action against Dr. P. AswaniKumar, Asst. Prof. of Ortho, formerly at OMC/OGH, Hyderabad and to impose one of thepunishments specified in Rule-9 of APCS(CC&A) Rules, 1991 and accordingly a Show CauseNotice 9th read above was served on the Doctor ie., Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Asst.Prof. of Ortho. duly enclosing the Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings report anddirected to submit his explanation to the Show Cause Notice within 15 days from the dateof its receipt. Dr. P. Aswani Kumar has submitted his explanation in the reference 10thread above and the same has been examined and found not convincing.
6. Government after careful examination of the matter in the light of the report ofthe Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings and the explanation of the charged officer havedecided that Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Asst. Professor, Orthopaedic formerly at OsmainiaGeneral Hospital be awarded with a punishment of stoppage of 2 annual grade incrementswith cumulative effect for having issued physically handicapped certificates when he wasprohibited from issuing such certificates w.e.f 24.5.1993.
7. Government, therefore hereby inflict a punishment of stoppage of two annual gradeincrements with cumulative effect on Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Asst. Prof.
8. The Director of Medical Education, shall take necessary further action in thematter accordingly and send a compliance report to Government at an early date.
(BY ORDER AND IN THENAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Dr. P. Aswani Kumar, Asst. Prof. of Orhto.
formerly OMC/OGH, Hyd.
thro’the DME., Hyd.
The Director of Medical Education, Hyd.
The Secy.to AP Vigilance Commission, Hyd.
The Director General , Anti Corruption Bureau, Hyd.
// FORWARDED :: BYORDER //