GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Medical Attendance – Reimbursement of expenses incurred by Government employees (Serving) and their dependants – Raising of maximum ceiling limit from Rs.75,000 to Rs.1,00,000 for major ailments i.e., Bypass Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Cancer and Neuro Surgery – Orders – issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.170, HM & FW (K1) Dept., dt.
2. G.O.Ms.No. 281, HM & FW (K1) Dept., dt.
G.O.Ms.No.184, HM & FW (K1) Dept., dt.
4. G.O.Ms.No.161, HM & FW (K1) Dept., dt.
5. From the Chairman, A.P.Secretariat Employees Co-ordination Committee
Letter Ref. No. 17/APSA/2001, Dt.
6. From Sri T.Jesudanam,
Secretary to Government, G.A.(SW)Dept, D.O.Lr.No. 16683 /Ser.Wel./2001, Dt.
7. From GA (SW) Dept., U.O. Note
O R D E R:
In the G.O. 4th read above, Government have enhanced the maximum ceiling limit from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs.75,000/- to Government employees / Retired employees and their dependants towards reimbursement of expenses incurred by them subject to the conditions specified therein.
2. The Cabinet Sub-Committee on services held
discussions on various demands of the A.P.Secretariat Employees Coordination
3. In the reference 5th read
above, the A.P. Secretariat Employees Coordination Committee among other
things, have represented to waive the upper ceiling of Rs.75,000/-
for Medical reimbursement in respect of major ailments relating to Heart, Kidney and Cancer
etc. In the reference 7th
read above, the decision of the Government on the above demand has been
communicated as mutually agreed to by the Government,
and the representatives of A.P.Secretariat Employees Coordination Committee on
4. Government after careful examination of the matter have decided that the maximum ceiling of Rs.75,000/- be raised to Rs.1,00,000/- for reimbursement of medical expenses for the treatment of Bypass Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Cancer and Neuro Surgery only. This enhancement of limit should be limited to serving employees only and not to the pensioners. However, the existing limit of Rs.75,000/- be continued for the pensioners .
5. Accordingly, Government hereby enhance the maximum ceiling limit from existing Rs.75,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- for reimbursement of medical expenses for the treatment of Bypass Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Cancer and Neuro-Surgery only limiting to the serving employees and their dependents. These orders will not apply to the retired employees. Any expenditure in excess of the enhanced ceiling limit shall however be borne by the Government Employees only. The procedure of requirement of referral letter by NIMS / SVIMS to obtain treatment in recognized private hospital shall however be continued.
6. This order will come into force with immediate effect.
7. This order issues with the concurrence
of Finance Department vide their U.O.No.5391/130/A2 /2002, Dated
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director, Medical Education, A.P.,
The Director General, Medical
& Health Services,
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad
The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya
The Inspector General, Drugs
The Director, Insurance Medical
The Director, Indian Medicine &
All other Heads of Departments in H.M.& F.W. Department.
The Director, Nizam’s
The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupathi.
Copy to: All Departments of Secretariat.
All the Heads of Departments.
All District Collectors in the State.
The Director of
Treasuries and Accounts,
All District Treasury Officers in the State.
The Pay & Accounts Officer,
The Accountant General, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Registrar, A.P. High Court,
The Registrar, A.P. Administrative
The Secretary, A.P. Public Service
The Commissioner, Information and
The Commissioner of Printing, Stationery and Stores purchase (Printing Wing)
The Finance (FW.EBS-VIII) Department
P.S. to Secretary to Chief Minister.
P.S. to Minister (Finance)
P.S. to Minister (Health Medical & Family Welfare).
P.S. to Chief Secretary to Government, General Administration Department.
P.S. to Special C.S., HM&FW Department.
P.S. to Prl. Secretary to Government (HM&FW)
The General Administration (Co-ordn.) Department.
The Chairman, Secretariat Employees Coordination Committee,
The President, A.P. Non-Gazetted Officers Association,
// FORWARDED BY ORDER //