G.O.Ms.No.484 Dated: 24-12-2002.
Read the following:
(1) G.O.Rt.No.459, HM&FW (J2) Department, dt.22.5.2002.
(2) G.O.Rt.No.524, HM&FW (J2) Department, dt.15.6..2002.
(3) G.O.Rt.No.561, HM&FW (J2) Department, dt.22.6.2002.
(4)G.O.Ms.No.349, HM&FW (J2) Department, dt.14.8.2002.
(5)G.O.Ms.No.369, HM&FW (J2) Department, dt.9.9.2002.
(6) From the Chairperson, Enquiry Committee and Commissioner of Family Welfare, and E.O. Secretary to Govt., HM&FW Deptt., Hyderabad D.O.Lr No.3882/PHSB/2002, dated 26.10.2002.
O R D E R:
In the G.O. first read above, Government have accorded permission for filling up of vacancies of MPHA (M) among others, under the control of Director of Health / Director of Medical Education/ Commissioner, A.P.V.V.P., and Commissioner, Family Welfare in the State on contract basis initially for a period of one year on consolidated payment at 100% gross salary attached to the posts by selection of candidates following the procedure prescribed.
2. In the G.O. second read above, orders have also been issued for filling up of these vacancies by conducting written examination. In the G.O. third read above, orders have been issued constituting a State Level Committee under the Chairmanship of Director General, Medical & Health Services and Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad for conducting written examination. Accordingly, in pursuance of the Notification issued on 20.7.2002, a written examination was conducted on 11.8.2002 for recruitment of the said Paramedical staff.
3. Subsequently, it has been brought to the notice of the Government by certain individuals and District Officials and reports appeared in the press alleging that certain irregularities have taken place in issue of Diploma Certificates in Public Health and Sanitation Technology issued by certain private institutions and questioned the veracity of genuineness of the certificates issued by these Private Institutions. It has also been alleged that the certificates have been issued by the institutions in favour of individuals purported to have undergone training from certain other branches, for which no permission was accorded by the Government.
// 2 //
It has also been alleged that on the basis of such certificates issued un-authorisedly, etc., a number of candidates taking undue advantage, have appeared for the examination to the post of MPHA (M) thereby affecting the interest and prospects of candidates who have actually undergone training as per schedule in Government institutions.
4. On receipt of such reports, the premises of institutions at known places/addresses were also searched and records seized. Government have then taken a decision to postpone the selections to the posts of MPHA (M) and ordered an enquiry into the whole matter so as to verify the competence of the institutions concerned and the genuineness of certificates issued by above said institutions. As there was a prima facie case of large scale unauthorised issue of certificates for pecuniary benefit and without conducting the course in proper manner etc., Government have decided to conduct an in-depth enquiry into the allegation of issue of bogus Diploma certificates and postpone the selection process for recruitment to the posts of MPHA (M), pending enquiry into the matter.
5. Accordingly, Government have issued orders in the G.O. forth read above, constituting a Committee to enquire into the allegations of issue of bogus certificates of Diploma in Public Health and Sanitation Technology by the Private Institutions with the Commissioner of Family Welfare, and Ex-Officio Secretary to Government, Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department, Hyderabad as Chairperson of the Enquiry Committee.
6. The Chairperson of the Enquiry Committee and Commissioner of Family Welfare, and Ex-Officio Secretary to Government, Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department, has submitted the Enquiry Report to Government after inspections of the institutions including the branches by the officers of the Committee and making an indepth study on the said allegations and after giving an opportunity to the Directors/Representatives of the Institutions.
7. The Committee interalia observed that certain private institutions have setup branches/study centers un-authorisedly. It was also stated that the significant number of students have been awarded the diplomas by the private institutions without having undergone training in any standard manner, severely bringing down the credibility of the certification process and diplomas issued by these institutions. Further, the quality of training imparted had been very poor in the branches setup by private Institutions and the candidates trained in these branches and study centers cannot be considered eligible for absorption in the Government service where, as Multipurpose Health Assistant (Male), they would be expected to deliver health care to the most vulnerable section of the society who depend primarily on the health services provided by the Government. The Committee has also observed that the certificates issued by one of the private institutions were not authentic and another private institute awarded diploma to the students who were trained prior to the recognition and also to the students who started their training prior to the recognition of the said institute by the Government. In some cases, certificates were claimed to have been issued to the students who had undergone training from
// 3 //
July 2001 to April, 2002 and the period of training amounts to only 9 ½ months as against the prescribed period of one year and such certificates cannot be considered as valid. Hence, the Enquiry Committee has recommended that the written test conducted on 11.8.2002 in pursuance of the notification issued by the Director General, Medical & Health Services, and Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad be cancelled in respect of recruitment to the post of Multipurpose Health Assistants (Male).
8. Government after careful examination of the matter and in view of the fact that the candidates who appeared for MPHA (Male) are holding certificates awarded by institutions which committed grave irregularities and did not follow prescribed procedure have accepted the recommendation of the Enquiry Committee. Accordingly Govt. hereby cancel the orders issued in G.O.Rt.No.459 Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department, dt.22.5.2002, G.O.Rt.No.524, Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department, dt.15.6.2002, G.O.Rt.No.561, Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department, dt.22.6.2002. to the extent of selection process of Multipurpose Health Assistants (Male) only. Accordingly, the written test conducted on 11.8.2002 in pursuance of the notification issued by the Director General of Medical and Health Services and Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, in respect of the recruitment to the post of Multipurpose Health Assistants (Male) shall stand cancelled. The Director General of Medical and Health Services and Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, and Chairman of the State Level Committee and the Director of Health shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.
( BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
M. CHAYA RATAN
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director General, Medical & Health Services and Commissioner,
A.P.Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, Hyderabad. /
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad .
All District Collectors in the State.
All District Medical and Health Officers in the State
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Commissioner, Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad.
J.S. to C.M.
P.S. to M (HM&FW)
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //