OF ANDHRA PRADESH
ANDHRA PRADESH MEDICALAND HEALTH SERVICES - Dr. M.Damayanthi, Civil Assistant Surgeon, District Hospital,Ananthapur - Unauthorised absence from 25-08-1995 - Disciplinary action - Punishment ofremoval from service Imposed - Orders – Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (V.C.II(1))DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. From the Commr., APVVP., Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.3296/R2/90, dt:13-10-98.
2. Govt.Memo.No.32053/H1/98-3,HM&FW Dept., dt:22-3-2000.
3. From the Commr., APVVP, Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.3296/R2/90, dt:4-12-2001.
4. From the Commr., APVVP., Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.3296/R2/90, dt:28-12-2001.
5. Govt.Lr.No.2735/V.C.II(1)/2001-3 HM&FW dt.3/5/2002.
6. From the Secy., APPSC Lr.No.952/RT/I/2/2001 dt.27/5/2002.
O R D E R:
The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad in hisletter Ist read above has brought to the notice of Government that Dr.M.Damayanthi, CivilAssistant Surgeon, District Hospital, Ananthapur went on unauthorised absence from25-08-1995. Hence a charge Memo has been issued to her. She has acknowledged the chargememo on 02-01-1997. But she did not submit any explanation to the charge memo.Dr.G.Brahmanandam, Civil Surgeon Specialist (GS), District Hospital, Ananthapur has beenappointed as Enquiry officer to conduct enquiry into the charge of unauthorised absenceagainst Dr.M.Damayanthi, Civil Assistant Surgeon, District Hospital, Ananthapur. TheEnquiry Officer had conducted the enquiry and submitted his report. In the findings of theenquiry the Enquiry Officer held that the charge of unauthorized absence from 25/8/95against Dr.M.Damayanthi, Civil Assistant Surgeon is proved.
2. The Government after careful examination of the matter have decided Provisionallyto impose a punishment of removal from service on Dr.M.Damayanthi, Civil AssistantSurgeon, District Hospital, Ananthapur. A show cause notice was issued calling herexplanation vide Govt. Memo. 2nd read above.
3. The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad in his letter 3rd read above hasreported that the Show Cause Notice has been served on Dr.D.Damayanthi, Civil AssistantSurgeon, District Hospital, Ananthapur on 24.6.2000. But, the delinquent officer has notsubmitted her explanation to the Show Cause Notice so far and has submitted herresignation dt.3/11/2000. The Commissioner, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad whileforwarding the same has requested the Government to issue necessary orders as deemed fitin the matter.
4. The matter has been examined by the Government and as per first proviso to clause(iii) in rule 30 of A.P.State & Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 as amended inG.O.MS.No.250, General Administrative (Ser.D) Department, dated 14-7-2000, the resignationof a member of a service shall not be accepted against whom disciplinary proceedings areinstituted as per the provisions of A.P. Civil services (CC&A) Rules, 1991 orinvestigation, inquiry or trial is initiated. As such, it was decided to take action toremove her from service.
5. Accordingly, the A.P. Public Service Commission who were consulted in the matter intheir letter 6th read above have conveyed their acceptance to the proposal ofthe Government to remove Dr. M. Damayanathi, Civil Assistant Surgeon, District Hospital,Ananthapur from service.
6. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order that Dr. M.Damayanthi, formerly Civil Assistant Surgeon, District Hospital, Ananthapur be removedfrom service from date of her unauthoirsed absence from duty i.e.25/8/95.
7. Thefollowing notification will be published in A.P. Gazette:
In exercise of the powers conferred by Rule 9 with Rule 20 of the A.P. CivilServices, (CC&A) Rules, 1991 the Government of Andhra Pradesh in consultation withA.P. Public Service Commission hereby remove Dr.M.Damayanthi, Civil Assistant Surgeon,District Hospital, Anantapur from service from the date of her unauthorised absence i.e.25-05-98.
8. The Director ofHealth, Hyderabad shall take further action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THENAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
M. CHAYA RATAN
PRINCIAPL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Health, Hyderabad.
The individual, through' Director of Health, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General,
The District Medical and Health Officer, Ananthapur
The Secretary I/c, A.P. Public Service Commission, Hyderabad.
The Commissioner, Printing Stationery & Stores Purchase [Prt.Wing(with a request to
publish the notification in the A.P.Gazette
and furnish copies to Govt. for record)]
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //