GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
Read the following:
HM&FW (E2) Deptt., dt. 10.7.97.
2. G.O.Ms.No.47,Social Welfare Deptt., dt. 31.5.2000.
3. Orders DT. 14.02.2002 of High Court of A.P., inW.P. No.23506/2001 filed by Dr. Preetipuranik and others.
4. Ordersof High Court of A.P., dt. 25.4.2002 in W.P.M.P. No.7477/2002 filed by NTRUniversity of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
5. Fromthe Registrar, NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada Lr.No.23506/EA2/2001, dt. 27.4.2002.
OR D E R:
Dr.Preethi Puranik and others have filed W.P. No. 23506/2001 in the High Court ofAndhra Pradesh (1) to declare that the procedure laid down in G.O. 2ndread above is not applicable for selection of candidates to the seats reservedfor S.C. category in P.G. Medical Courses (2) to declare that the admissioninto P.G. Medical Courses are to be made on the basis of merit subject to ruleof reservation and (3) to declare the Notification issued by NTR University ofHealth Sciences on 29.10.2001 as illegal.
2. In theorder 3rd read above, the Division Bench of Hon’ble High Cort ofAndhra Pradesh have dismissed the W.P. No. 23506/2001.
3. In theorder 4th read above, the Division Bench of High Court of AndhraPradesh have clarified that it is for the University to implement the ordersissued in G.O.Ms.No.47, Social Welfare, dt. 31.5.2000 with reference to thesettled Law.
4. In theletter 5th read above, the Registrar, NTR University of HealthSciences has stated that the issue involved is of importance and identificationof seats is a crucial and sensitive matter which is being undertaken for thefirst time. Therefore, the Registrar ofthe University has requested the Government to nominate a Committee, includingan officer from the Social Welfare Department for the purpose of identificationof seats in S.C. categories in P.G. Medical Courses.
5. The Government after careful examination of the abovematter, hereby constitute a Committee with the following as members to identifythe seats reserved in each Institution for different categories of S.Cs., inP.G. Medical Courses in accordance with the roster:
1. ViceChancellor, NTR University of ..Chairman, Health Sciences, Vijayawada
2. DirectorGeneral of Medical & ..Member, Health Sciences, Hyderabad.
3. Directorof Medical Education, .. Member, A.P., Hyderabad
4. Professor/Principalof S.C. Categories. .. Member,
5. Addl.Director/JointDirector of .. Member, Social Welfare Department.
6. Registrar,NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada .. Member - Convener
(BY ORDER AND INTHE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
All the Members of the Committee.
The Vice Chancellor, NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
The Director General of Health & Medical Services, Hyderabad.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Professor/Principal of S.C., Categories.
The Joint Director of Social Welfare Department, Hyderabad.
The J.S. to C.M.
The P.S. to M (M&H)
The P.S. to Prl. Secy.
:: FORWARDED :: BY ORDER ::