GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Public Servants - Allegations of corruption against SriM.A.Basith, Junior Assistant (under suspension) District Headquarters Hospital, Karimnagar- Trapped - Prosecution -Sanction - Orders - Issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE(J2) DEPARTMENT
O R D E R:-
Whereas, Sri M.A.Basith worked as Junior Assistant,DistrictHeadquarters Hospital, Karimnagar from 6.10.1993 to 30.6.1999 and as such he is publicservant within the meaning of clause (c) of Section 2 of the Prevention of Corruption Act,1988 (Central Act 49 of 1988);
2. And whereas, it is alleged that Sri V.Tirupathi is working asPolice Constable No.227, Police Control room,Karimnagar. His wife Smt.Kalavathi gave birthto a female baby after ceaserian operation at a private Nurisng Home at Karimnagar on26.3.1999. Thereafter. Sri V.Tirupathi submitted a medical reimbursement bill to theSuperintendent, District Head quarters Hospital, Karimnagar through the District PoliceOffice,Karimnagar during the month of April 1999 and the Superintendent scrutinised thesame and sanctioned an amount of Rs.4,173/-(Rupees four thousand, one hundred and seventythree only) as medical reimbursement on 24.4.1999 and sent to the concerned SriM.A.Basith, Junior Assistant for despatch. When Sri V.Tirupathi approached Sri M.A.Basith,Junior Assistant on 4.5.1999 with a request to despatch his reimbursement bill, hedemanded a bribe of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) to do official favour ie., fordespatching the same. Again on 5.5.1999 when Sri V.Tirupathi met the said Sri M.A.Basithand enquired about the reimbursement bill, Sri M.A.Basith reiterated his demand forpayment of the said bribe amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) for despatchingthe said reimbursement bill and when Sri V.Tirupathi expressed his inability to pay suchhuge amount as bribe, Sri M.A.Basith reduced the same to Rs.800/- (Rupees Eight hundredonly) and instructed him to pay the same on 7.5.1999. But Sri V.Tirupathi was unwilling topay any bribe amount to Sri M.A.Basith, Junior Assistant, O/o. Superintendent,DistrictHeadquarters Hospital, Karimnagar, lodged a complaint with the Deputy Superintendent ofPolice, Anti Corruption Bureau,Karimnagar, who registered the same as a case inCr.No.2/ACB-KNR/99 and took up the investigation;
3. And whereas it is further alleged that Sri M.A.Basith,JuniorAssistant, District Headquarters Hospital, Karimnagar on 7.5.1999 at about 11.00 A.M.demanded and accepted the tainted currency of Rs.800/- (Rupees Eight hundred only) fromSri V.Tirupathi and kept the same into his wearing lalchi pocket.When the DeputySuperintendent of Police subjected the hand fingers of Sri M.A.Basith with the SodiumCarbonate solution, it yielded positive result. The tainted currency of Rs.800/- (Rupeeseight hundred only) was seized from the possession of Sri M.A.Basith, at his instance ie.,on his production from his lalchi pocket. The Deputy Superintendent of Police whensubjected the innerlinings of the said lalchi pocket with the Sodium Carbonate solution,it gave positive result.
4. And whereas, the above said acts of the said Sri M.A.Basith,Junior Assistant, District Headquarters Hospital, Karimnagar constitute the offencespunishable under section 7 and sub-section (2) of section 13 read with clause (d) ofsub-section (1) of section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 (Central Act 49 of1988).
5. And whereas, the Government of Andhra Pradesh being thecompetent Authority to remove the said Sri M.A.Basith, Junior Assistant, DistrictHeadquarters Hospital, Karimnagar from his office after fully and carefully examining thematerial placed before them in respect of the said allegation and having regard to thecircumstances of the case, consider that the said Sri M.A.Basith, Junior Assistamt,District Headquarters Hospital,Karimnagar should be prosecuted in a competent court of lawfor the aforesaid offences.
6. Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause(b) of Sub-Section (1) of Section 19 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 (Central Act49 of 1988) the Government of Andhra Pradesh hereby accord sanction for the prosecution ofthe said Sri M.A.Basith, Junior Assistant, District Headquarters Hospital, Karimnagar forthe offences punishable under Section 7 and sub-section (2) of section 13 read with clause(d) of sub-section (1) of section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 (Central Act49 of 1988) and for any other offences punishable under any other provisions of law forthe time being in force in respect of the aforesaid acts and for taking cognizance of thesaid offences by the Court of competent jurisdiction.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF GOVERNOROF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director General, Anti Corruption Bureau,
Copy to: Law (E) Department.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //