GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
National Leprosy Eradication Programme –Formation of State Leprosy Society under Phase II National Leprosy Eradication ProgrammeProject supported by the World Bank – Orders – Issued.
HEALTHMEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (F2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
FromG.O.I., M.O.H, & F.W.Lr.No.12014/4/99-Lep. (Co-ordn.) Dated 24.1.2000.
2. From G.O.I., M.O.H. & F.W., Lr.No.14020/4/99-Lep. (CCD), Dated 16-12-99.
3. From the D.H., Lr.Rc.No.11134/Lep.C/99, Dt.1-3-2000.
** * * *
The Government hereby permit the Director of Health to register a Society by name“State Leprosy Society” under the Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act.1964 for Phase II national Leprosy Eradication Programme Project Supported by the WorldBank with the following members:-
Name of the Officer / Designation
1. TheSecretary to Government, …. Chairman
H.M.& F.W. Department,
Governmentof Andhra Pradesh.
2. TheDirector of Health, Andhra Pradesh …. ViceChairman
3. AdditionalDirector (Lep.) / State Leprosy …. MemberSecy.
Officer,Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
4. JointDirector (Lep.) …. JointSecretary / Treasurer
5. Secretary(IF) or Nominee. …. Member
Secretary/Joint Secretary to …. Member
Government, H.M.& F.W Department,
Government of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Social Welfare Department …. Member
Or Nominee, Government of Andhra Pradesh
School Education …. Member
9. Commissioner,Information & …. Member
10. Representativefrom the LEPRA INDIA …. Member
11. Representativefrom the Leprosy Mission …. Member
from Sivananda …. Member
13. Dr. K.V.Krishnamurthy, Retired …. Member
R.D,of Health, Government of India.
2. The Head Quarters of the Society shall be at Hyderabad
3. The functions of the above Society is as follows:-
1. To plan implement intervention for leprosy elimination in the State.
2. To review the programme periodically and suggest measures to improved performance.
3. To monitor evaluation and feed back of the indicices at the State Level.
4. Todistribute the funds released by the Government of India rationlly to all the Districtsocieties and to monitor performance and expenditure by the District Societies.
5. To plan the training needs of the staff and monitor implementation of the trainingprogramme.
6. To take measures for prevention and management of the disabilities in the field.
7. To oversee the implementation of National Leprosy Eradication Programme in theintegrated setup effectively.
8. Tooversee IEC activities for educating people creating awareness regarding MDT cure ofLeprosy and prevention of the deformities and making the programme socially acceptable.
9. To plan alternative strategies as required form time to time to plan.
4. The Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad shall take further necessary action in thematter.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad.
The members concerned.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER//