GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
Medical Education - Establishment of Diploma Course in MedicalLab Technology by Osmania University College for Women, Koti,Hyderabad at O.U.College forWomen, Koti, Hyderabad - Permission - Accorded - Orders - Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE(K2) DEPARTMENT.
Read the following:-
1. From the Registrar, Osmania University, Letter No.3173/CW/CLTC/Acad/98, dated 20.11.98.
2. From the Principal, O.U.College for Women, letter dated30.7.99
3. From the Director, Medical Education, Lr.Rc.No.8970/MEC/99,dated 21.10.99.
4. Govt. Memo No.24850/K2/98-5, dated 3.12.99.
5. From the Director, Medical Education, Lr.Rc.No.8970/MEC/99,dated 3.2.2000.
O R D E R:-
The Registrar, Osmania University in the letter 1st read abovehas stated that the Executive Council has approved the starting of Clinical TechnicianCourse with effect from 1995-96 with a ceiling of 20 students as a self financing courseand the course is of 9 months duration and the course is under the Department of Zoologyof University College for Women,Koti, Hyderabad. Some students who have passed theCertificate course could not be selected by A.P.Technical Centre since the course is notrecognised by the Government. Many institutes which conduct the similar course arerecognised by Government and requested for recognition for the course which is being runby University of Women, Koti, Hyderabad.
2. The Principal, Osmania University College for Women,Koti,Hyderabad in her representation 2nd read above has stated that they would like to upgradethe course of 2 years (Lab Technician Training Course) and they can easily follow thesyllabus framed by the Government and also conduct of exams as per Government rules. Theyare interested to start the course from this year as they are celebrating platinum jubileeyear of the College which will be memorable in the history of the College and requested togive recognition to start the Diploma Course in Medical Lab Technology (Lab TechnicianTraining Course).
3. The Director, Medical Education in her letter 3rd read abovehas furnished the inspection report relating to O.U.College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad.The inspection team has reported that the organisation is prepared to take only 40candidates. The institute is already training candidates for 20 for the certificate coursein the Laboratory Training Programme, as these candidates are not permitted to enrolthemselves in the Employment Exchanges as the said course is not recognised by Governmentof A.P. the organisation wants to start Diploma in Medical Lab Technology course so thatthe certificates issued for the Diploma will enable the candidate to get eligibility tolook for employment through Employment Exchange. They have to recruit qualified staff totrain the candidates. Hospital facilities are not adequate. The inspection team hasrecommended for annual intake of 20 students as per existing facilities. Theadministration wants to take only day scholors.
4. Government in the reference 4th read above has requested theDirector, Medical Education to communicate the deficiencies pointed out by the inspectionteam to the O.U.College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad.
5. The Director, Medical Education in the reference 5th readabove has stated that the deficiencies pointed out by the inspection team werecommunicated to the institution with a request to rectify them. The Principal, O.U.Collegefor Women, Koti, Hyderabad has stated that staff is appointed on contract basis as pernorms of Government and University as and when the institution is recognised. She has alsorequested for hospital attachment to Government Maternity Hospital, Sultan Bazar,Hyderabad to the Course of Diploma in Medical Lab Technology.The Director, MedicalEducation has forwarded the letter of Superintendent, Maternity Hospital, Sultan Bazar,Hyderabad for clinical attachment and requested to take further action in the matter.
6. The Government after careful examination of the matter herebyaccord permission to Osmania University College for Women,Koti, Hyderabad to establishDiploma Course in Medical Lab Technology (Lab Technician Training Course) in the name ofOsmania University College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad with clinical attachment toGovernment Maternity Hospital, Sultan Bazar, Hyderabad, subject to the followingconditions:-
1. The annual intake of students shall not exceed twenty (20)only;
2. The institution shall abide by the rules issued inG.O.Ms.No.304, Health, Medical and Family Welfare (K2) Department, dated:07.08.1997 asamended in G.O.Ms.No. 148, Health, Medical and Family Welfare (K2) Department, dated20.O5.1998 and G.O.Ms.No. 506, Health, Medical and Family Welfare (K2) Department,Dated:06.11.98.
3. The institution shall pay clinical attachment fee as per theorders issued in G.O.Ms.No. 304, Health, Medical and Family Welfare (K2)Department,dated:07.08.1997. Government reserves the right to revise the clinicalattachment fee from time to time.
[BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH]
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Principal, Osmania University College for Women,
The Director, Medical Education, Hyderabad.
The Superintendent, Government Maternity Hospital,
Sultan Bazar, Hyderabad.
The District Medical and Health Officer, Hyderabad.
\\ FORWARDED <> BY ORDER \\