GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department - Establishment ofAdditional Schools of Nursing under Private Sector - Permission for establishment of CareSchool of Nursing at Care Hospital,Nampally, Hyderabad - Permission - Accorded.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE(M2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1.G.O.Ms.No.267, HM&FW(E2)Deptt., Dated:14-7-1997.
2.G.O.Ms.No.313, HM&FW(M2)Deptt., Dated:16-8-1997.
3.G.O.Ms.No.401, HM&FW(M2)Deptt., Dated:29-9-1997.
4.From the Chairman, Cardiac Research & EducationalFoundation, Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad application Dated:20-1-1998.
5.G.O.Ms.No.139, HM&FW(M2)Deptt., Dated:14-5-1998.
6.From the Chairman, Selection Committee for Para MedicalInstitutions etc., Hyd., D.O.Lr.No.74/SC/ PMI/98-1, Dated:9-7-1998.
7.Govt. Letter No.19984/M2/98-1, Dated:22-7-1998.
8.From the AP.Nursing Council, Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.APNMC/GNT/3374/99,Dated:22-12-1999.
O R D E R:
In the G.O. 1st read above a Committee under the Chairmanship ofJustice Sri P.Ramachandra Raju (Retired Judge),High Court of Andhra Pradesh has beenconstituted for the process of applications for establishment of new Schools of Nursingunder Private Sector and to submit recommendations to Government for grant of permissionto start the Schools.
2. In the G.O.2nd read above rules have been framed for grant ofpermission for establishment of Schools of Nursing under Private Sector called as AndhraPradesh General Nursing Training Institutions (Admission into General Nurse Training andgrant of permission to Private Schools of Nursing) Rules, 1997.
3. In the G.O. 3rd read above orders have been issued sanctioningdistrict-wise additional number of Institutions for Para Medical and Non-Para MedicalCourses viz., Nursing Schools, Multi Purpose Health Workers (Female) Schools,Physio-therapy Training Centres, Para-Medical Training Centres, as detailed in theAnnexure thereto.
4. In the D.O.Letter 6th read above, the Chairman, SelectionCommittee for Para-Medical Institutions etc., Hyderabad has submitted the recommendationsof the Committee and among other Institutions, recommended for grant of permission to theChairman, Care Foundation, Cardiovascular Technology Institute, Hyderabad for establishingthe Care School of Nursing at Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad.
5. In the letter 7th read above the Chairman, Cardiac Researchand Educational Foundation, Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad was requested to fulfillthe conditions as indicated therein within a period of 2 months and intimate the fact offulfillment of the conditions to the President, Andhra Pradesh Nursing Council, Hyderabadto enable him to depute a team for inspection of the School of Nursing.
6. The President Andhra Pradesh Nursing Council, Hyderabad in herletter 8th read above has informed that on receipt of compliance report from the Chairman,Cardiac Research and Eductional Foundation, Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad aninspection of Care School of Nursing at Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad was conductedand that as per the report of the Inspector, the School of Nursing has fulfilled all theconditions stipulated in the letter 7th read above and has therefore requested theGovernment to accord necessary permission to the Chairman, Cardiac Research andEducational Foundation, Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad to start Care School of Nursingat Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad and to admit 60 (Sixty) Students per year for theCourse.
7. Government after examination of the report of the President,Andhra Pradesh Nursing Council, Hyderabad in the letter 8th read above, and as per Rule-38under Section 11(2)(b) of Andhra Pradesh Nurses and Midwives (extension and amendment)Act, 1964, hereby accord permission to the Chairman, Cardiac Research and EducationalFoundation, Care Hospital, Nampally,Hyderabad to start Care School of Nursing at CareHospital,Nampally, Hyderabad and to admit a miximum of 60 (Sixty) students per year forthe course.
8. The permission accorded in Para(7) above is to admit 1st batchfor 60 students only. Admissions for the further batches of students shall be permittedonly after the accommodation for the 3rd year students is provided i.e., construction oftop floor is completed and certified by the Andhra Pradesh Nurses and Midwives Council,Hyderabad.
9. The Chairman, Cardiac Research and Educational Foundation,Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad shall ensure that:
1) The School of Nursing is run regularly with the requiredPhysical and clinical facilities;
2) The required teaching staff with the necessary qualificationsas per the Andhra Pradesh Nursing Council regulations are employed to educate and trainthe students properly in accordance with the prescribed syllabus;
3) The School of Nursing is run efficiently in the best interestsof the students;
4) The procedures prescribed for the selection and admission ofstudents are scrupulously followed including the selection of students from local areasand observing the rules of reservation;
5) The admissions are made only for the year specified by theDirector of Medical Education in his order granting permission;
6) The location of the institution is not shifted from thelocation indicated in the application or shown to the inspecting team without writtenprior permission from the Government;
7) The number of students admitted do not exceed the maximum 60students permitted for annual admission;
8) The fees collected by whatsoever name called either for freeseats or for management seats do not exceed the limits specified in the Government orders;
9) The students hostels, wherever provided are adequatelyfurnished with appropriate areas for their comfortable stay and provision is made fortheir indoor or outdoor games.
10. The Director of Medical Education shall depute an Officer fora surprise quarterly check to ensure that the instructions as stipulated above arescruplously followed.
11. The permission granted in para (7) above is liable forcancellation whenever the Government forms the opinion that the educational agency is notrunning the School or Institution in the best interests of the students, after giving 15days notice to the educational agency to showcause, against the proposed cancellation andpass appropriate orders after considering the explanation, if any, offered by the agencyagainst the show cause notice.
( BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH )
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Chairman, Cardiac Research and Educational
Foundation, Care Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad.
The President, A.P.Nursing Council, Hyderabad.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyderabad.
The President, Indian Nursing, Council, New Delhi.
Deputy Secretary to Chief Minister.
P.S. to Min.(HM&FW).
P.S. to Secretary(HM&FW).