GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
A B S T R A C T
A.P.M & H.S. - Dr.G.Ananda Babu, formerly MedicalOfficer,Primary Health Centre, Birkur, Nizamabad District - Certain allegations -Disciplinary action - Punishment of removal from service - Imposed - Final orders -Issued.
HEALTH MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE(H1) DEPARTMENT
Read the following :-
1) From the D.G., ACB, No:94/DES.NZB/96, dated:6-6-1996.
2) Govt.Memo.Nos:18445/H1/96-1&2, dated:5-7-96 & 12-8-96.
3) D.H.Proc. No:24774/E2.D/96, dated:6-2-1997.
4) D.H.Proc.No:24774/E2D/96, dated:6-2-1997.
5) D.H.Rc.No:24774/E2.D/96, dated:21-1-1998.
6) Govt. Memo.No:18445/H1/96-10, dated:17-2-1999.
7) Expln. from Dr.G.Ananda Babu, M.O. dated:28-8-1999.
8) Govt. Lr.No:18445/H1/96-12, dated:13-3-2000.
9) From the APPSC. Lr.No:773/RT.I/2/2000, dated:3-6-2000.
oo ** oo
O R D E R :-
It was brought to the notice of the Government that during thesurprise check conducted on the private clinic of Dr.G.Anand Babu at Banswada on 16-5-1996at 5-00 P.M. it was found that he was attending to the patients by taking consultationfee, and an amount of Rs.1,785/- was seized suspecting the same as consultation feecollected from the patients. It was also found that some of the medicines of Governmentsupplies made to Primary Health Centre, in his private clinic. The Government afterexamine the matter have instructed the Director of Health to initiate departmental actionagainst the doctor ans also to transfer him out of District through the reference 2nd readabove. The Director of Health had initiated disciplinary action and also posted him toPrimary Health Centre,Burja, Srikakulam District. Later he was shifted to Primary HealthCentre, Kangati, Medak District. In the reference 3rd read above the Director of Healthhas framed the following charges and issued a charge memo. on Dr.G.Anand Babu, MedicalOfficer:-
Charage No.1: "that Dr.G.Anand Babu, Medical Officer is notstaying in headquarters and Primary Health Centre, Birkur is indulged in doing privatepractice at Banswada in mulgi (door No.1-1-40/4) neglecting his legitimate duties.
Charge No.2: that he has mis-utilised the Government suppliedmedicines of the Primary Health Centre for use in his private clinic and collectedconsultation fee etc.
Charge No.3: that the used and unused bottles ofmedicines,Viz.Sodium Chloride dextrose (IP) Sodium Chloride, Injection, Compund SodiumLactate Inj. etc. which are identified as supplied by the Government to the Primary HealthCentre have been found in his private clinic.
Charge No.4: that he was absent to duty at Primary Health Centre,Birkur on 16-5-1996 and in the attendance register it was marked `T' as if he was on tourwhereas he was found in the clinic on that day at Banswada when the surprise check wasconducted".
The above charge memos was acknowledged by the Delinquent Officeron 1-11-1997. In the reference 4th read above, the Regional Director Medical and HealthServices, Hyderabad was appointed as an Enquiry Officer to conduct an enquiry into theabove allegations levelled against Dr.G.Ananda Babu, Medical Officer.
The Enquiry Officer has conducted the enquiry in association withAnti-corruption Bureau Officials in 5 sittings and finally concluded that all the abovefour (4) charges levelled against him are held proved beyond doubt. In the reference 5thread above while forwarding the Enquiry Officer's report, the Director of Health hasrecommended that a major punishment be imposed on the Medical Officer.
2. The Government have examined the case in detail after takinginto consideration of the remarks of Director of Health took a provisional decision toimpose a punishment of removal from service on Dr.G.Ananda Babu, Medical Officer, formerlyPrimary Health Centre, Birkur, Nizamabad District as the charges levelled against him havebeen proved during enquiry. In the reference 6th read above, a Show Cause Notice wasissued duly providing a copy of enquiry report, giving him an opportunity to defendhimself about the charges levelled against him. In the reference 7th read aboveDr.G.Ananda Babu, Medical Officer has submitted his explanation to the Show Cause Noticewhich was found not satisfactory. In the reference 8th read above the A.P.Public ServiceCommission was consulted on the above provisional decision of the Government for itsconcurrence as required under rules in force. In the reference 9th read above,theA.P.Public Service Commission have agreed with the proposal of the Government forimpose of a punishment of removal from service on Dr.G.Ananda Babu.
3. The Government after careful examination of the matter havedecided to confirm the provisional decision taken by the Government to impose punishmentof removal from service on Dr.G.Ananda Babu, formerly Medical Officer, Primary HealthCentre, Birkur, Nizamabad District for committing certain irregularities and accordingly,the Government hereby remove Dr.G.Ananda Babu, Medical Officer formerly at Primary HealthCentre, Birkur, Nizamabad District from service with immediate effect.
4. The Director of Health, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is requestedto take further action in the matter accordingly.
5. The following notification shall be published in theA.P.Gazette:-
N O T I F I C A T I O N
In exercise of the powers conferred by Rule-9 read with Sub-rule(1) of Rule -20 fo the A.P.C.S.(CC&A) Rules, 1991 the Government of A.P. hereby removeDr.G.Ananda Babu, Medical Officer formerly at Primary Health Centre, Birkur, NizamabadDistrict from Service with immediate effect.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
Dr.G.Anand Babu, formerly Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre,
Birkur, Nizamabad District through the Directgor of Health,A.P.Hyderabad.
The Director of Health, A.P. Hyderabad.
The Commissioner of Printing Stationery & Stores Purchase(Printing Wing) Department (two copies) (with a request to publish the same in A.P.Gazetteand furnish 5 Gazette copies)
The A.P.Public Service Commission Hyderabad.
The Director General, Anti-corruption Bureau, Hyderabad.
The A.P.Vigilance Commission, Secretariat Buildings.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //