GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Andhra Pradesh Medical & Health Services - Dr. Arun Kunde,Tutor in Anatomy, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad - Was on unauthorised absence fromduty - Disciplinary action - Removed from service - Reinstated into service - Impositionof punishment and payment of salary and allowances from 3-4-1998 to 9-7-1999 -Orders - Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE(A2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.170. Datedthe 11the May, 2000.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No. 537, HM&FW (B2) Dept., dt.23-3-1986.
2. From the APAT, Hyd. Order dt.3-4-1998 in O.A.No.27428/89.
3. From the DME, A.P., Hyd. Lr.Rc.No.2646/E11.A/91,dt.8-6-1998.
4. From the A.P.High Court, Hyd. Order dt. 10-6-1999 inW.P.No.20207/98.
5. G.O.Ms.No. 344, HM&FW (A2) Dept., dt.24-6-1999.
In the G.O. 1st read above, orders were issued removing Dr.ArunKunde, formerly Tutor in Anatomy, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad from service for hisunauthorised absence from duty w.e.f. 1-6-1983.
2. Aggrieved by the above orders, Dr.Arun Kunde had filedO.A.No.27428/89 before the Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad against theorders issued in the G.O.1st read above. The Hon'ble Andhra Pradesh AdministrativeTribunal in its orders dt.3-4-1998, while upholding the finding of the disciplinaryauthority with regard to the charge framed against the applicant, the punishment ofremoval imposed in this case is converted into one of stoppage of two increments withcumulative effect and the period of absence from 1-6-1983 and the period of removal of theapplicant is treated as a period not spent on duty except for continuity of service forretiremental benefits and the respondents are directed to reinstate the applicantforthwith. R.P. is disposed of accordingly.
3. Further the Hon'ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad inits order dt. 10-6-99 in W.P.No.20207/98 interalia have directed the respondents that thepetitioner shall be reinstated forthwith and not later than seven days from the date ofreceipt of a copy of this order and shall be entitled to salary and allowances right fromthe date of passing of the order by the Tribunal i.e. from 3-4-1998 which shall be paidwithin two months from date of receipt of a copy of this order. The Writ Petition isdisposed of accordingly.
4. In the G.O. 5th read above, Dr. Arun Kunde, formerly Tutor inAnatomy, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad has been reinstated into service and the saiddoctor joined in service on 9-7-1999 A.N. He is working as Tutor in Anatomy, OsmaniaMedical College, Hyderabad.
5. Government have further examined the matter regardingimposition of conversion punishment stoppage of two increments with cumulative effect andpayment of salary and allowances with effect from 3-4-1998 to 9-7-1999 and have decided toimplement the orders of Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal and Andhra Pradesh HighCourt, Hyderabad.
6. Accordingly, Government hereby direct that:
a) The punishment of removal imposed in respect of Dr. ArunKunde, formerly Tutor in Anatomy, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad is converted into oneof stoppage of two increments with cumulative effect and the period of absence from1-6-1983 and the period of removal of the said doctor is treated as a period not spent onduty except for continuity of service for retiremental benefits.
b) Payment of salary and allowances shall be from 3-4-1998 to9-7-1999 to Dr. Arun Kunde, Tutor in Anatomy, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
7. The Director of Medical Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabadshall take further necessary action accordingly.
8. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance &Planning (FW.FR.II) Department vide their U.O.No.14510/178/A1 /FR.II/2000, dt. 4-5-2000.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyd.
The Individual through DME, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, A.P. ,Hyd.
The Pay & Accounts officer, A.P., Hyd.
The Fin & Plg (FW.FR.II) Department.